Questions about "Rooting" and Firmware upgrade (2.1)?
Hey i have an HTC Magic with 1.5 firmware and HTC sense.. (Supplied by HTC, --> Updated to 1.5 from some older version a month ago..)
But i wanna to update it to the latest 2.1 firmware.. So i have read that it should be rooted first, and after that i should install custom 2.1 firmware.
But i'm unsure about the following:
- If i update it to 2.1 Is the "Look" then the same as the HTC legend?
- Is HTC Sense also included in the 2.1 firmware updates?
- Is everything working / and are stable in the 2.1 custom firmware? Or is it beta, and it's possible for the phone to crash or to become unstable?
- What firmware is recomended, if i wanna stick with "HTC Standard" firmware look (So it looks like the HTC legend, HTC Desire - etc etc)
- What about the language of the phone, is "Custom" 2.1 firmwares forced to English? Or can i choose my native language? (Danish)
Is there any disadvantages swithching to the "custom 2.1" firmware instead of running on the "Supplied" v. 1.5?
If iupgrade, is it then possible to revert back to my current "state" = No rooting + stock Firmware 1.5?