Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[MOD] Remove Vibrate on Call Connect - Fresh 2.0d

OP JsChiSurf

10th May 2010, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Hacksville
Thanks Meter: 1,231

2,334 posts
Donate to Me
EDIT: This mod was based on Fresh 2.0d. For updated mod including both 'remove vibrate on connect' and 'remove end call soft key', based on the final Sprint 2.1 release, see here.

This is a quick little mod I've had in place on my phone for a while now, and have just been too preoccupied to post .

When I had the hood up on the Phone.apk for removing the 'end call' soft key, I ended up making this mod as well shortly after. This simply removes the little vibrate the occurs right after you 'send' a call. Some people find this annoying / distracting. If you are one of them, this mod is for you.

This mod also includes the above referenced mod for removing the 'end call' button on the in-call screen, referenced here. It has both, since, well, that's the way I like it!

Download Here <---Flash signed zip via recovery.

See here for stock phone.apk with the only mod being 'vibrate on connect'.
Last edited by JsChiSurf; 13th June 2010 at 02:55 AM.
10th May 2010, 04:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

120 posts
Thanks for that, I do find it annoying. I'ma give it a shot.
10th May 2010, 04:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Woodbridge, VA
Thanks Meter: 476

2,877 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsChiSurf

This is a quick little mod I've had in place on my phone for a while now, and have just been too preoccupied to post .

When I had the hood up on the Phone.apk for removing the 'end call' soft key, I ended up making this mod as well shortly after. This simply removes the little vibrate the occurs right after you 'send' a call. Some people find this annoying / distracting. If you are one of them, this mod is for you.

This mod also includes the above referenced mod for removing the 'end call' button on the in-call screen, referenced here. It has both, since, well, that's the way I like it!

Download Here <---Flash signed zip via recovery.

I soooooo hate that buzz right before the call connects. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.....your chivalry is only exceeded by your wealth
10th May 2010, 04:41 AM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Developer
Hacksville

2,334 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konikub

I soooooo hate that buzz right before the call connects. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.....your chivalry is only exceeded by your wealth

Don't make me blush .

Just realized as a nice little side bonus, that this also includes a simple little icon tweak that has annoyed me for a while, and that is the little green in-call icon in the taskbar, which seemed too large in my opinion, and over crowded the taskbar when present. I re-sized to fit better, IMHO.

Before:

After:
Last edited by JsChiSurf; 10th May 2010 at 04:44 AM.
10th May 2010, 05:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

202 posts
Re: [MOD] Remove Vibrate on Call Connect
I actually like the small vibration. It indicates that your call is connected. Handy when driving.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
10th May 2010, 05:51 AM   |  #6  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 7

206 posts
More
You do great work, thanks!
10th May 2010, 05:52 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

120 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizer1389

I actually like the small vibration. It indicates that your call is connected. Handy when driving.

/facepalm

And here I thought that's what hearing the other person was good for.
10th May 2010, 06:11 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

504 posts
Quote:

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

or when you have very little service and aren't sure the call's gonna go through (or when you forget to actually press send :P). Much better than sitting there with the phone to your ear waiting for it to ring when it never does
10th May 2010, 07:35 AM   |  #9  
Flag Riverdale, UT
Thanks Meter: 117

595 posts
More
You really are making the Hero a better phone, one apk at a time!

Thank you for this. With your work, my Hero is almost absolutely annoyance free!! Keep it up
10th May 2010, 03:37 PM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Developer
Hacksville

2,334 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatonka_hero

or when you have very little service and aren't sure the call's gonna go through (or when you forget to actually press send :P). Much better than sitting there with the phone to your ear waiting for it to ring when it never does

Not all mods are for everyone, for people it isn't for, I just don't understand why they feel compelled to post such a comment in a thread. It baffles me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread