Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Remove Vibrate on Call Connect - Fresh 2.0d

Tip us?

JsChiSurf
Old
(Last edited by JsChiSurf; 13th June 2010 at 02:55 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,209

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] Remove Vibrate on Call Connect - Fresh 2.0d

EDIT: This mod was based on Fresh 2.0d. For updated mod including both 'remove vibrate on connect' and 'remove end call soft key', based on the final Sprint 2.1 release, see here.

This is a quick little mod I've had in place on my phone for a while now, and have just been too preoccupied to post .

When I had the hood up on the Phone.apk for removing the 'end call' soft key, I ended up making this mod as well shortly after. This simply removes the little vibrate the occurs right after you 'send' a call. Some people find this annoying / distracting. If you are one of them, this mod is for you.

This mod also includes the above referenced mod for removing the 'end call' button on the in-call screen, referenced here. It has both, since, well, that's the way I like it!

Download Here <---Flash signed zip via recovery.

See here for stock phone.apk with the only mod being 'vibrate on connect'.
Twitter: @JsChiSurf

Enable your phone to be detected as a tablet: [Module][Xposed] TabletMetrics: Report screen > 7"

Word Nerd? Check out my "Word of the Day" DashClock Extension

Some of my other work: KitKat Media Rescan Widget, Fast Charge USB Widget, Chicagoer,"Daily Horoscope" DashClock Extension

Like my work? Buy me a coffee.

wadeheisen
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for that, I do find it annoying. I'ma give it a shot.

Konikub
Old
Thanks Meter 474

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsChiSurf View Post
This is a quick little mod I've had in place on my phone for a while now, and have just been too preoccupied to post .

When I had the hood up on the Phone.apk for removing the 'end call' soft key, I ended up making this mod as well shortly after. This simply removes the little vibrate the occurs right after you 'send' a call. Some people find this annoying / distracting. If you are one of them, this mod is for you.

This mod also includes the above referenced mod for removing the 'end call' button on the in-call screen, referenced here. It has both, since, well, that's the way I like it!

Download Here <---Flash signed zip via recovery.
I soooooo hate that buzz right before the call connects. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.....your chivalry is only exceeded by your wealth

If you're a fan of what I do...you can

JsChiSurf
Old
(Last edited by JsChiSurf; 10th May 2010 at 04:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,209

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konikub View Post
I soooooo hate that buzz right before the call connects. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.....your chivalry is only exceeded by your wealth
Don't make me blush .

Just realized as a nice little side bonus, that this also includes a simple little icon tweak that has annoyed me for a while, and that is the little green in-call icon in the taskbar, which seemed too large in my opinion, and over crowded the taskbar when present. I re-sized to fit better, IMHO.

Before:

After:

Enable your phone to be detected as a tablet: [Module][Xposed] TabletMetrics: Report screen > 7"

Some of my other work: KitKat Media Rescan Widget, Fast Charge USB Widget, Chicagoer,"Daily Horoscope" DashClock Extension

energizer1389
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: [MOD] Remove Vibrate on Call Connect

I actually like the small vibration. It indicates that your call is connected. Handy when driving.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
Samsung Sprint Galaxy SIII
EVO 4G LTE
ACER Iconia A500
Surface Pro 128GB

rjj1976
Old
Thanks Meter 7
You do great work, thanks!

wadeheisen
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizer1389 View Post
I actually like the small vibration. It indicates that your call is connected. Handy when driving.
/facepalm

And here I thought that's what hearing the other person was good for.

tatonka_hero
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
or when you have very little service and aren't sure the call's gonna go through (or when you forget to actually press send :P). Much better than sitting there with the phone to your ear waiting for it to ring when it never does

DevinXtreme
Old
Thanks Meter 117
You really are making the Hero a better phone, one apk at a time!

Thank you for this. With your work, my Hero is almost absolutely annoyance free!! Keep it up
Phone: AT&T HTC One X (primary) Samsung Epic 4G (toy)
GTalk: DevinXtreme@gmail.com | Twitter: @DevinXtreme

- Team Epic CyanogenMod - @TeamEpicCM7
-Like what I contribute? Donate to the EFF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decad3nce in CM7 dev IRC channel
13:02 <Decad3nce> My own fails motivate me
13:02 Decad3nce butthurts himself

JsChiSurf
Old
Thanks Meter 1,209

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatonka_hero View Post
or when you have very little service and aren't sure the call's gonna go through (or when you forget to actually press send :P). Much better than sitting there with the phone to your ear waiting for it to ring when it never does
Not all mods are for everyone, for people it isn't for, I just don't understand why they feel compelled to post such a comment in a thread. It baffles me.