Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SPL Unlock

Tip us?

mycomputerisjunk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default SPL Unlock

First off, I'm no developer. So, I could be way off.

Anyway, I picked up my Incredible on launch day and got a temp number assigned to the phone because I was with T-Mobile. Today, I had my number ported over. When I did that, my phone stopped working. Basically, I needed to re-program the phone. I saw that *228 is how it is done.

Needless to say, when I started to reprogram process the phone had a status window that said "unlocked SPL". Would this be some sort of window of opportunity for rooting or installing an unsigned ROM?
Phone: I can never just pick one..

Partial List

LG G2, LG F3, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3, iPhone 2G, LG Optimus G, Nexus 4, HTC One, HTC One S (x3), Galaxy Note 2 Verizon (2x), Galaxy Note 2 International, HTC 8X, Nexus, Galaxy S3, HTC One X, HTC Rezound, Droid DNA, LG Optimus V, HTC Sensation, HTC MyTouch 3G, HTC Hero, Palm Pre (ya, I said it)

jitajt
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default SPL unlock

you need to read before you post. refer to this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=678591 literally 11 posts down and on the same page of this post

TPR300C
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycomputerisjunk View Post
First off, I'm no developer. So, I could be way off.

Anyway, I picked up my Incredible on launch day and got a temp number assigned to the phone because I was with T-Mobile. Today, I had my number ported over. When I did that, my phone stopped working. Basically, I needed to re-program the phone. I saw that *228 is how it is done.

Needless to say, when I started to reprogram process the phone had a status window that said "unlocked SPL". Would this be some sort of window of opportunity for rooting or installing an unsigned ROM?
All phones go through this step. It's about programming the phone with Verizon wireless towers. It has nothing to do with a root opportunity. Some phones will go other details during the programming process.