Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,417 Members 39,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

special rate plan for HTC EVO 4G?

Tip us?
 
GHOST99K
Old
#1  
GHOST99K's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 655
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Queens
Default special rate plan for HTC EVO 4G?

i was so hyped to pay my tmobile ETF and go to sprint with the $69.99 data/messaging plan with the EVO 4g but unfortunetly SPRINT has a special RATE PLAN for the infamous EVO 4G.take a look at this sitehttp://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/07/sprint-employees-evo-4g-training-screenshots-plenty/
GOOGLE CRESPO
Rom:CM10
Bootloader:Unlocked
Root:Accessed
 
Aridon
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 893
Join Date: May 2007
It could be a $10 add on for 4g or it could be a requirement fur just an everything plan like the pre. I'd give very low odds of an entirely new plan tier but I'm no insider.
 
keatre
Old
#3  
keatre's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 266
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST99K View Post
i was so hyped to pay my tmobile ETF and go to sprint with the $69.99 data/messaging plan with the EVO 4g but unfortunetly SPRINT has a special RATE PLAN for the infamous EVO 4G.take a look at this sitehttp://www.androidguys.com/2010/05/07/sprint-employees-evo-4g-training-screenshots-plenty/
There's no special rate plan for the Evo. It will work fine with a Simple Everything or Everything Data Plan. The screenshot you're referring to is training material for employees.

The "special rate plan" is a code for the Evo to be input into Sprint's system for your account -- a lot like when you purchase a Blackberry for Sprint.

The Mobile Hot Spot addon will be an additional charge, but is not required in your plan.
Nexus 4
AOSP odex 4.4

Galaxy Nexus LTE
AOSP de-odex 4.1.2

Nexus 7
AOSP do-odex 4.1.2
 
GHOST99K
Old
#4  
GHOST99K's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 655
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Queens
Quote:
Originally Posted by keatre View Post
There's no special rate plan for the Evo. It will work fine with a Simple Everything or Everything Data Plan. The screenshot you're referring to is training material for employees.

The "special rate plan" is a code for the Evo to be input into Sprint's system for your account -- a lot like when you purchase a Blackberry for Sprint.

The Mobile Hot Spot addon will be an additional charge, but is not required in your plan.
thanx for clearing that up.i got scared for a second.i plan to get the $69.99 data/message plan.btw there is no WIMAX 4g coverage for new york yet but ill be fine with the 3g,i jus want the dammmm phone.cant wait.......
GOOGLE CRESPO
Rom:CM10
Bootloader:Unlocked
Root:Accessed
 
keatre
Old
#5  
keatre's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 266
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST99K View Post
thanx for clearing that up.i got scared for a second.i plan to get the $69.99 data/message plan.btw there is no WIMAX 4g coverage for new york yet but ill be fine with the 3g,i jus want the dammmm phone.cant wait.......
There is WiMAX for New York, however it just has not been turned on yet. Please check back tomorrow, as it is rumored that 4G will be launched this evening at the EVO/Prince of Persia showing.
Nexus 4
AOSP odex 4.4

Galaxy Nexus LTE
AOSP de-odex 4.1.2

Nexus 7
AOSP do-odex 4.1.2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes