Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,661 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3d gallery substitute

Tip us?
 
chrisgto4
Old
#1  
chrisgto4's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 552
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas
Default 3d gallery substitute

i have 1800+ pics and cpl hundred vids. 3d gallery in all 2.1roms is still a bit to laggy for this much media. anyone know where i can find the regular gallery apk. right now im running superbad1.2.1 on mt3g. i have pulled the non3d gallery apk from a cpl of older 2.1's but cant get them to install.

chris

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperBad 3G using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperBad 3G using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
 
Beackman
Old
(Last edited by Beackman; 12th May 2010 at 07:55 PM.) Reason: add more info.
#2  
Beackman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 527
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: São Paulo
try this man... cheer

del the galery3d.apk from your rom, you can use rootexplorer for this.

copy the attached file to root of your sdcard and flash in recovery.
Attached Files
File Type: zip galery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (398.4 KB, 306 views)
Nexus 4 - Rooted, unlocked.

 
Pfeffernuss
Old
#3  
Pfeffernuss's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 624
Posts: 2,643
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wassenaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beackman View Post
try this man... cheer

del the galery3d.apk from your rom, you can use rootexplorer for this.

copy the attached file to root of your sdcard and flash in recovery.
Deleted Gallery3D.apk, copied your Galery.zip to root, flashed in recovery.

After boot-up no gallery to be found in the app-drawer (no apk is copied to system/app...) Programmes relying on Gallery.apk force close
 
Beackman
Old
#4  
Beackman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 527
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: São Paulo
strange man, i used this on my phone and works. i see if is wrong.
Nexus 4 - Rooted, unlocked.

 
Beackman
Old
#5  
Beackman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 527
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: São Paulo
sorry man, i found the error the app is inside the system folder, the system folder is no need, in attach are the correct zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip galery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (398.4 KB, 284 views)
Nexus 4 - Rooted, unlocked.

 
mrhousto
Old
#6  
mrhousto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 110
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: This side of over there...
Default Media Gallery

I've been running Media Gallery on different eclair ROMs. I found the instructions and apk on this site:

http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/m...-1-v1-0-a.html

If you follow the instructions step by step you should have no problems installing it. It won't install with an installer... you have to push the files into the right directories and reboot your phone. You can copy the xml file to your computer and edit it with wordpad and then push it back to /system/etc/permissions. It will overwrite the previous file. I use Android Commander to push the files where they need to go, because I've never had any luck getting adb to work on my computer.
mrhousto

Phone: Droid Eris, Rooted
ROM: GINGER SENSE-2.3.3
Recovery: RA-eris-v1.6.2
Card: TOPRAM 8GB class 6
_____
Phone: T-Mobile Black G1, Rooted
SPL: DANGER!!
Radio: 2.22.19.26I
Recovery: RA-dream-v1.6.2, w/switchrom
Card: TOPRAM 8GB class 6
 
capychimp
Old
#7  
capychimp's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7497
Posts: 8,693
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: At home

 
DONATE TO ME
anyone have a screenshot of this apk?
RCTeam/CK GIT Twitter:capy You like my work, send a shot
 
Pfeffernuss
Old
(Last edited by Pfeffernuss; 12th May 2010 at 10:14 PM.)
#8  
Pfeffernuss's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 624
Posts: 2,643
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wassenaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beackman View Post
sorry man, i found the error the app is inside the system folder, the system folder is no need, in attach are the correct zip file.
Thanks! This time it worked like a treat! Sure, the 3D Gallery looks great (and the performance was rather impressive, for an old Android phone) but the regular launcher is ofcourse way more responsive.

Very happy now, thanks again!

[Edit] By leaving the default 3D Gallery and just flasing your zip you have the chance to use both Galleries... Which is rather cool. 2D Gallery for yourself and the 3D one to show off
 
philosophics
Old
#9  
philosophics's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 141
Posts: 1,154
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Um... Does anyone have gps these days?
Firerat's patch fixed my slow 3dgallery. Try that as wel. You can have 2 gallery's installed...

Google Nexus⁴
Bootloader - MAKOZ10o
Radio - 2.0.1700.33/84 Hybrid
Recovery - TWRP 2.6.3.0 MultiROM
Kernel - Linaro_Franco.r193v2_Prima
ROM - Paranoid SaberDroid
 
chrisgto4
Old
#10  
chrisgto4's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Posts: 552
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beackman View Post
try this man... cheer

del the galery3d.apk from your rom, you can use rootexplorer for this.

copy the attached file to root of your sdcard and flash in recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beackman View Post
sorry man, i found the error the app is inside the system folder, the system folder is no need, in attach are the correct zip file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhousto View Post
I've been running Media Gallery on different eclair ROMs. I found the instructions and apk on this site:

http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/m...-1-v1-0-a.html

If you follow the instructions step by step you should have no problems installing it. It won't install with an installer... you have to push the files into the right directories and reboot your phone. You can copy the xml file to your computer and edit it with wordpad and then push it back to /system/etc/permissions. It will overwrite the previous file. I use Android Commander to push the files where they need to go, because I've never had any luck getting adb to work on my computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss View Post
Thanks! This time it worked like a treat! Sure, the 3D Gallery looks great (and the performance was rather impressive, for an old Android phone) but the regular launcher is ofcourse way more responsive.

Very happy now, thanks again!

[Edit] By leaving the default 3D Gallery and just flasing your zip you have the chance to use both Galleries... Which is rather cool. 2D Gallery for yourself and the 3D one to show off
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophics View Post
Firerat's patch fixed my slow 3dgallery. Try that as wel. You can have 2 gallery's installed...
thank you everyone. I am flashing now

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more