Again, I made a, I think a pretty useful application for Start Menu. It's not yet done, but I want to show a preview on what this app do.
Do you agree that sometimes scrolling way down to the bottom of the start menu is a bit tiring? Though you can move those on top but .. your application shortcuts in start menu will start getting messy
So I made this this start menu app to reduce some of the hard scrolling work.
here are some screenshots
LETTER PAD note: available on version 1.1b
and video preview
I hope there's a kind person who can do a better video demo of my app.
the original idea was to have a search field at the bottom of the screen on the start menu then the start menu automatically scrolls to, what ever matched on your search. simple eh? the problem is, Start Menu can't receive key presses.. so.. discard.
Progress of the application is like: 98%
the other 2% is of course, unexpected bugs.
- NETCF 3.5 Framework
1. use the WM6.5/.x style icon.
2. thinking ...
- All resolution (I hope)
- WM 5?, WM6/6.1, WM6.5/6.5.1
Version 1.1 beta
- added Letter Pad
Version 1.0 beta
- initial release
- WP7 style
- added dynamic appbar
- quick list setup
- after weeks of researching, I finally made my goal making Stuick only shows when start menu is visible.
---- thanks to @Mal Loth (MSDN - Forum)
---- I didn't know ShowWindow() API is avilable in coredll.dll
---- incomplete list in pinvoke.net!
- Quick List
- Search capability
- SliderList bug fixed.
- I have replaced the standard NETCF ListView Control to: SliderList Control - Thanks to @Obelix_A
---- but I'm still struggling to look for better kinetic scrolling list because the SliderList control's having an error and the developer hasn't responded yet.
---- currently trying this one Implementing a smoothly animated ListBox
- Bar can be configured to show in left or right side (via app.config)
- app.config reader
- Bar is now wider
- Recent item list
- Items are finger friendly
- Background Transparency
- NETCF ListView Background
- shortcut lists
- bug fixes
- Bar now shows only when Start Menu is visible (for WM6.5 only <fornow>)
5/13/2010 - around night
- Initial Development
- kinang inang Transparent Label
- by letter navigation