Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Running vanilla FroYo on Hero

Tip us?

VelcroMan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Running vanilla FroYo on Hero

Hi, i'm wondering if it is possible to build android (2.2 when it's released) and somehow run it with the HTC Hero drivers. Or would i need HTC's sourcecode for that?

And another question. Nexus One will run a plain vanilla build, as it has no proprietary drivers, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

-------------------------------------
Sent from my Hero

smackdown85146
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroMan View Post
Hi, i'm wondering if it is possible to build android (2.2 when it's released) and somehow run it with the HTC Hero drivers. Or would i need HTC's sourcecode for that?

And another question. Nexus One will run a plain vanilla build, as it has no proprietary drivers, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

-------------------------------------
Sent from my Hero
Well, I'm still an Android noob, but I know that you might be able to run the 2.2 SDK dump on the Hero. And when the source comes out, I'm sure the boys over at Hero Development will give you a good release. But if I'm wrong, sorry.
Samsung Hercules: CyanogenMod-9 (Latest Nightly) | ClockworkMod Recovery
Samsung Vibrant [OUT OF SERVICE] [R.I.P.]: CyanogenMod-7.1.0 (Latest Nightly) | ClockworkMod Recovery
HTC Dream [#2] [OUT OF SERVICE]: CyanogenMod-6.1 | ClockworkMod Recovery
HTC Dream [#1] [OUT OF SERVICE] [R.I.P.]: CyanogenMod-5.0.7 | Amon-RA-1.7.0

Github

xaueious
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Think so, it should be a little while. The only reason ASOP wasn't good for the Hero was because the source for .29 kernel was never released by HTC. Now that the community has .29 source code, and with Cyanogen able to move to the newer kernel (his kernel is already Froyo compatible version wise), it's better than before.

Donut, Eclair need .29
Froyo needs .32

Check wikipedia
Past devices: HTC Dream (Rogers), Acer Liquid E, HTC EVO3D GSM, HTC Panache (international myTouch4G), Huawei Ideos U8150, Rogers HTC Magic (myTouch3G variant)

Current devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM (i9250), ASUS Transformer TF300, Samsung Galaxy S3 i747m (Telus), Huawei Ideos S7

Negrito
Old
Thanks Meter 55
If its a CDMA Sprint Hero, you are in luck...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686893