Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,499 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X2-Update fails

Tip us?

hertell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default X2-Update fails

hi guys!

Is there anyone who can't update to MR2 (I'm not asking you guys who do not not have that update available!)? My phone refuses to start the installation process. The update-app recognizes correctly that there is an update, and after this it downloads a over 120Mb worth of data. When the download is finished, it's supposed to start the installation process... Nothing happens, not even after 2 hours.

The phone boots normally after this, so obviousy the installation-process does not start at all

I did a phone-reset (to factory defaults -> MR1), but even that did not help..

mathiosn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertell View Post
hi guys!

Is there anyone who can't update to MR2 (I'm not asking you guys who do not not have that update available!)? My phone refuses to start the installation process. The update-app recognizes correctly that there is an update, and after this it downloads a over 120Mb worth of data. When the download is finished, it's supposed to start the installation process... Nothing happens, not even after 2 hours.

The phone boots normally after this, so obviousy the installation-process does not start at all

I did a phone-reset (to factory defaults -> MR1), but even that did not help..
go to www.java.com download and install the latest java (Version 6 Update 20) restart your pc and try again. this worked for xp operating systems, don't know what you are running but give it a try.
μην ψάχνεις να αγαπήσεις κάτι τέλειο,αγάπησε κάτι που δεν είναι τέλειο και καν το τέλειο με την αγάπη σου....

SONYERICSSON ASPEN
XPERIA L,XPERIA X 2 HTC HD2 LEO

hertell
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiosn View Post
go to www.java.com download and install the latest java (Version 6 Update 20) restart your pc and try again. this worked for xp operating systems, don't know what you are running but give it a try.
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately that does not help, cause i have the lasest version installed.. :(

mtechfan
Old
Thanks Meter 18
This is very odd... Mine installed the first time no problem.

I hope you get this solved

Avarell_Dalton
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think it sounds like a computer issue. Can you try another one?

macr59
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you FULLY CHARGED your phone prior to update. I have had this problem several times, and on each occasion, I had to charge the phone fully before the installation would proceed.

It's worth a try.....