FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Tips to speed up my phone?

272 posts
Thanks Meter: 15
 
By foolforfood, Senior Member on 16th May 2010, 05:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I am running fresh, and I love it, 2.1 is awesome, but I can't stand the keyboard lag. Turning off optic doesn't help me that much and everything else is off. So my question is, dies anybody have tips for me to speed my phone up? Short of course of overclocking my phone? Also I love and use sense. Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
 
 
16th May 2010, 06:06 AM |#2  
unCoRrUpTeD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 242
 
Donate to Me
More
Some people will say use swype, some will say they don't have lag, some will say no matter what you do there will be lag, some will say "Why didn't you do a search for this"

Do a search in the forum and you will find plenty of threads with possible solutions.
16th May 2010, 06:13 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
I get very little lag.

Download auto killer, set it to the most aggressive setting and try it out. You can always adjust it from there.

Keeping free memory up helps a ton.
16th May 2010, 02:23 PM |#4  
Papa Smurf151's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6,777
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandboxlove

^^these suggestions are good ones, but ive noticed that unless im using JIT, the keyboard lag never truely goes away.

i know this is just a suggestion and ull get a ton of these but im using the original aosp keyboard with no voice to text or anything and get next to no lag. i think its the voice to text that is messing everything up. do a searcvh and find it and try it
16th May 2010, 03:51 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 335
 
More
i have found a solution to everyones problems, try this keyboard out in the market called thickbuttons it doesnt lag at all and its freakin sick
16th May 2010, 11:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Yeah I've done the searches and tried all the fixes/ suggestions. I will try the thinkbuttons thing, but I don't like swype. Anyways, I'll look into enabling JIT on fresh, I haven't done that since I was on Darchdroid. Thanks alot! Any other tips for speeding things up? Does a2sd speed the phone up?
16th May 2010, 11:35 PM |#7  
abcdfv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, NC
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolforfood

Yeah I've done the searches and tried all the fixes/ suggestions. I will try the thinkbuttons thing, but I don't like swype. Anyways, I'll look into enabling JIT on fresh, I haven't done that since I was on Darchdroid. Thanks alot! Any other tips for speeding things up? Does a2sd speed the phone up?

Only if you're SDcard is faster then the phones ROM, in which case it will make loading them faster.
17th May 2010, 02:19 AM |#8  
thatdudepoops's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdfv

Only if you're SDcard is faster then the phones ROM, in which case it will make loading them faster.

on that note i have a question...How can i remove my app2sd, till i get a better chip? my hero was flying till i installed it on my stock chip. Now i need to undo, so what reformat? got to b an easier way??
17th May 2010, 02:23 AM |#9  
abcdfv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wilmington, NC
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I think you can make an EXT backup, but I'm not sure how to do it short of manually taking everything from /system/sd/app and moving it to /data/app
17th May 2010, 03:00 AM |#10  
colemorris's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolforfood

So I am running fresh, and I love it, 2.1 is awesome, but I can't stand the keyboard lag. Turning off optic doesn't help me that much and everything else is off. So my question is, dies anybody have tips for me to speed my phone up? Short of course of overclocking my phone? Also I love and use sense. Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

Hit up Damagecontrol 2.08.1, he included a new lighter keyboard that doesn't lag anywhere near as bad, the only real problem is the fact that the vibration feedback is sometimes messy, but I just turned it off. Otherwise it types like a dream.

Also, Damageless is customizing that latest 2.1 leak that came from Sprint, and in 2.08.1 there's DCUpdater, which allows you to update directly from the phone itself without a complete wipe. I strongly recommend it, it's got what you're looking for and more.
17th May 2010, 09:27 PM |#11  
colemorris's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoyo23

i have found a solution to everyones problems, try this keyboard out in the market called thickbuttons it doesnt lag at all and its freakin sick

Sorry bro, but thick buttons has such a terrible learning curve. If you stare while typing, sure it works. But if you type faster than you can process what key gets larger, it isn't for you.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes