Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tips to speed up my phone?

Tip us?

foolforfood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Tips to speed up my phone?

So I am running fresh, and I love it, 2.1 is awesome, but I can't stand the keyboard lag. Turning off optic doesn't help me that much and everything else is off. So my question is, dies anybody have tips for me to speed my phone up? Short of course of overclocking my phone? Also I love and use sense. Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

unCoRrUpTeD
Old
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Some people will say use swype, some will say they don't have lag, some will say no matter what you do there will be lag, some will say "Why didn't you do a search for this"

Do a search in the forum and you will find plenty of threads with possible solutions.

Aridon
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I get very little lag.

Download auto killer, set it to the most aggressive setting and try it out. You can always adjust it from there.

Keeping free memory up helps a ton.

Papa Smurf151
Old
Thanks Meter 6,738

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandboxlove View Post
^^these suggestions are good ones, but ive noticed that unless im using JIT, the keyboard lag never truely goes away.
i know this is just a suggestion and ull get a ton of these but im using the original aosp keyboard with no voice to text or anything and get next to no lag. i think its the voice to text that is messing everything up. do a searcvh and find it and try it

dirkyd3rk
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 334
i have found a solution to everyones problems, try this keyboard out in the market called thickbuttons it doesnt lag at all and its freakin sick

foolforfood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Yeah I've done the searches and tried all the fixes/ suggestions. I will try the thinkbuttons thing, but I don't like swype. Anyways, I'll look into enabling JIT on fresh, I haven't done that since I was on Darchdroid. Thanks alot! Any other tips for speeding things up? Does a2sd speed the phone up?

abcdfv
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolforfood View Post
Yeah I've done the searches and tried all the fixes/ suggestions. I will try the thinkbuttons thing, but I don't like swype. Anyways, I'll look into enabling JIT on fresh, I haven't done that since I was on Darchdroid. Thanks alot! Any other tips for speeding things up? Does a2sd speed the phone up?
Only if you're SDcard is faster then the phones ROM, in which case it will make loading them faster.
:[

thatdudepoops
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdfv View Post
Only if you're SDcard is faster then the phones ROM, in which case it will make loading them faster.
on that note i have a question...How can i remove my app2sd, till i get a better chip? my hero was flying till i installed it on my stock chip. Now i need to undo, so what reformat? got to b an easier way??

abcdfv
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I think you can make an EXT backup, but I'm not sure how to do it short of manually taking everything from /system/sd/app and moving it to /data/app
:[

colemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolforfood View Post
So I am running fresh, and I love it, 2.1 is awesome, but I can't stand the keyboard lag. Turning off optic doesn't help me that much and everything else is off. So my question is, dies anybody have tips for me to speed my phone up? Short of course of overclocking my phone? Also I love and use sense. Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
Hit up Damagecontrol 2.08.1, he included a new lighter keyboard that doesn't lag anywhere near as bad, the only real problem is the fact that the vibration feedback is sometimes messy, but I just turned it off. Otherwise it types like a dream.

Also, Damageless is customizing that latest 2.1 leak that came from Sprint, and in 2.08.1 there's DCUpdater, which allows you to update directly from the phone itself without a complete wipe. I strongly recommend it, it's got what you're looking for and more.