FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

Why are so many people getting the EVO unsubsidized?

Thanks Meter: 4

By mrono, Senior Member on 16th May 2010, 10:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Why are so many people getting the EVO off-contract? It's more expensive, and you can only use it on sprints network anyways, so why bother?

or is there something i'm missing, from what I can tell all I have to do is go to BB, pre-order and pay $50 and get the gift card, then go get my phone on the 4th and pay $150 + the gift card.....right?
Last edited by mrono; 16th May 2010 at 11:41 AM.

16th May 2010, 11:37 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Walnutport, PA
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
What you are probably missing is that we are all already ON contract. Most of us, being Android fans, probably bought the Hero in October. 7-8 months later, the Evo comes out, well we are already on contract. You know what I mean?
16th May 2010, 11:41 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckhriczko

What you are probably missing is that we are all already ON contract. Most of us, being Android fans, probably bought the Hero in October. 7-8 months later, the Evo comes out, well we are already on contract. You know what I mean?

Oh so your not elegible to upgrade, I haven't used my upgrade discount yet so I can get it for $200 even though i'm in contract right now.
16th May 2010, 12:36 PM |#4  
Flag Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Re: Why are so many people getting the EVO unsubsidized?
My upgrade isn't until October so instead of wasting that on a measly $75 off I am buying at full price.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
16th May 2010, 01:40 PM |#5  
Flag P-Ville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
you can't just re-up for another 2 years and get it at the new activation price?
16th May 2010, 02:21 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar5

you can't just re-up for another 2 years and get it at the new activation price?

Unlike the other carriers, with sprint you can re-up every year if your a premier member, and it doesn't stack. When i get my evo it just extends my contract date 2 years from that date, so instead of my contract being up 6/2011 it will be up 6/2012
16th May 2010, 03:53 PM |#7  
Flag chicago
Thanks Meter: 162

More
unsubsidized also cause if I wanted to sell it I could easierI'm not with sprint.
16th May 2010, 07:03 PM |#8  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio

More
Another reason is the people on employee/partner plans. We don't get upgrades due to our pricing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread