Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[?] How do you "sign" a .zip file?

OP The Jero

16th May 2010, 09:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 9

110 posts
More
I grabbed a ROM from here and deleted some unwanted apps, and added a couple that I wanted so I wouldnt have to do it after I flashed and zipped it back up. When going to flash it to my phone I get a "E: No signature (830 files)... E: Verification failed. Installation aborted."

Im very new to all this so please dont flame me. Is it simple enough to sign & verify it so I can flash it, or will I have to flash the original and uninstall the unwanted apps via adb?

Thanks in advance.

16th May 2010, 09:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

1,431 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jero

I grabbed a ROM from here and deleted some unwanted apps, and added a couple that I wanted so I wouldnt have to do it after I flashed and zipped it back up. When going to flash it to my phone I get a "E: No signature (830 files)... E: Verification failed. Installation aborted."

Im very new to all this so please dont flame me. Is it simple enough to sign & verify it so I can flash it, or will I have to flash the original and uninstall the unwanted apps via adb?

Thanks in advance.

You can sign it and then flash. Try this
http://androidforums.com/developer-1...ning-roms.html
16th May 2010, 09:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 9

110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10o

Thanks man! I got it all resigned and went to flash but now it got all the way to "Installing update..." then I recieved a "E:Can't find update script Installation aborted."

I guess I'm going to have to do a lot of forum searching and reading to get this running!
16th May 2010, 09:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag With your mom :) milf
Thanks Meter: 5

842 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10o

Just to add a little more info if your using someone elses updatezip make sure you delete the apks sha1 or anything else you aren't using out of the manifest. also avabox works great. all in one tool for signing apps unyaffs and so fourth
17th May 2010, 02:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag The Bowels Of Hell
Thanks Meter: 8

1,132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jero

Thanks man! I got it all resigned and went to flash but now it got all the way to "Installing update..." then I recieved a "E:Can't find update script Installation aborted."

I guess I'm going to have to do a lot of forum searching and reading to get this running!

You need to zip the contents of the rom folder, and not the folder itself. Go into the ROM folder, select all the files (system, boot.img, meta-inf, etc) and zip it that way. Then, sign THAT zip, and you're good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeroMeng For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2010, 11:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 81

1,084 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroMeng

You need to zip the contents of the rom folder, and not the folder itself. Go into the ROM folder, select all the files (system, boot.img, meta-inf, etc) and zip it that way. Then, sign THAT zip, and you're good to go.

I'm editing the update-script with Word Pad, then re-saving it. Is this the wrong way to do it?

I'm getting an error (Status 6) when I run my .zip update, every time.
9th January 2011, 06:02 AM   |  #8  
Flag Toa Alta
Thanks Meter: 2

62 posts
More
Thank you now I learned how to sign roms I just modded...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread