Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[?] How do you "sign" a .zip file?

Tip us?

The Jero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question [?] How do you "sign" a .zip file?

I grabbed a ROM from here and deleted some unwanted apps, and added a couple that I wanted so I wouldnt have to do it after I flashed and zipped it back up. When going to flash it to my phone I get a "E: No signature (830 files)... E: Verification failed. Installation aborted."

Im very new to all this so please dont flame me. Is it simple enough to sign & verify it so I can flash it, or will I have to flash the original and uninstall the unwanted apps via adb?

Thanks in advance.

Jus10o
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jero View Post
I grabbed a ROM from here and deleted some unwanted apps, and added a couple that I wanted so I wouldnt have to do it after I flashed and zipped it back up. When going to flash it to my phone I get a "E: No signature (830 files)... E: Verification failed. Installation aborted."

Im very new to all this so please dont flame me. Is it simple enough to sign & verify it so I can flash it, or will I have to flash the original and uninstall the unwanted apps via adb?

Thanks in advance.

You can sign it and then flash. Try this
http://androidforums.com/developer-1...ning-roms.html

The Jero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10o View Post
Thanks man! I got it all resigned and went to flash but now it got all the way to "Installing update..." then I recieved a "E:Can't find update script Installation aborted."

I guess I'm going to have to do a lot of forum searching and reading to get this running!

thatguythatdid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10o View Post
Just to add a little more info if your using someone elses updatezip make sure you delete the apks sha1 or anything else you aren't using out of the manifest. also avabox works great. all in one tool for signing apps unyaffs and so fourth

HeroMeng
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jero View Post
Thanks man! I got it all resigned and went to flash but now it got all the way to "Installing update..." then I recieved a "E:Can't find update script Installation aborted."

I guess I'm going to have to do a lot of forum searching and reading to get this running!
You need to zip the contents of the rom folder, and not the folder itself. Go into the ROM folder, select all the files (system, boot.img, meta-inf, etc) and zip it that way. Then, sign THAT zip, and you're good to go.
[SIGNATURE]
Samsung Epic 4G
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phones
iPhone 4S (Current)
Samsung Epic 4G (Retired)
HTC Hero (Retired)
Samsung Instinct s30 (Retired)
Numerous Tracfones (Thrown in toilet on purpose)

pkopalek
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroMeng View Post
You need to zip the contents of the rom folder, and not the folder itself. Go into the ROM folder, select all the files (system, boot.img, meta-inf, etc) and zip it that way. Then, sign THAT zip, and you're good to go.
I'm editing the update-script with Word Pad, then re-saving it. Is this the wrong way to do it?

I'm getting an error (Status 6) when I run my .zip update, every time.

Papa Smurf151
Old
Thanks Meter 6715

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=763406

i just put this up bro check it out
The Following User Says Thank You to Papa Smurf151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

genaropr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you now I learned how to sign roms I just modded...