Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 51,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alternative method(s) of updating X2 ROM?

Tip us?

youcrazykids
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Alternative method(s) of updating X2 ROM?

Hi everyone

I have an X2, an ex-press demonstrator, maybe a prototype (got it from eBay last November). It runs a VERY early WM 6.5 version. It's a great piece of hardware, but crippled by the naff OS. Updating has proven impossible so far, and the handset is currently bricked by the last unsuccessful attempt. I'm wondering:

1. Does anyone yet know for certain the "service" functions for this handset, such as hard reset, etc.? I read about key combinations allowing backdoor access for programming purposes, but it all looks like speculation. I know there's a reset button under the rear cover, beside the stylus, but don't know how it should be used. The "Power-on & Volume-down" just leads to a blank screen.

2. SEUS refuses to update this handset, constantly saying my software is up-to-date. I've searched around, and apparently, SEUS checks the handset information against its own records, and won't update prototypes. Does anyone know of a way to force SEUS to perform an update?

3. I've tried to update the ROM using "RomUpdateUtility.exe", but this just crashes the host PC. I've tried on three different PCs, with the same result. Could be the utility, could be the handset. Does anyone have any advice to offer on this, perhaps an alternative utility? If that fails, it could point to the handset.

If anyone has any proper answers, it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys.

Draken Korin
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 121
Mod edit: not rom dev related, moved to general
gl solving it