Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 39,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP]Hydros 8.0: Media sync utility for Windows Mobile - Beta 4 with touchless sync!!

Tip us?

rkrishnan2012
Old
(Last edited by rkrishnan2012; 10th July 2010 at 08:51 PM.) Reason: Added new version
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [APP]Hydros 8.0: Media sync utility for Windows Mobile - Beta 4 with touchless sync!!

CURRENT VERSION NUMBER: 8.0 Beta 4

Hydros Media Center[/CENTER]
Catcher
Are you tired of the same old boring activesync of wmdc for your Windows mobile device? All of us who have used Microsoft’s so-called sync utility know that it’s nothing compared to their Zune software which they have created. Anyway, you’re now in luck. I have finally gotten to the edge of my patience trying to sync up my phone with their software and ive started making my own replacement for it. Currently, Hydros Sync Center supports being used as a normal music player as well as a device sync utility. Due to it being only a beta, you will not be able to transfer files with the phone, but already it is much more user friendly than the old Activesync. All you need to do to install is unzip the package and run the setup.exe installer.

Side Note:
For those of you who don't know what im doing, im trying to make an efficient media player for windows which interacts with windows mobile nicely. As a model, im using many things and features which have been included in Zune Software 4.0. Anyway, I have been working on this alone for a long time and I think it's time to reveal this to the public for some help as well. I would like to post the source code somewhere but im not sure exactly what the process is so please help me on that if you can.

Features so far:
-Settings panel added to beta 4
-View songs on device
-Splash Screen
-Sync With box.net
-Music Library
-Pictures Library
-Apps Bazaar
-Device Support [NEW for Alpha release 4] - you can add and remove songs now
-You can now delete files [New to Alpha release 4] - works now
-WIDGETS [updated interface for beta 4]

Alpha Release 6 - 5/24/10
-First ever widget (facebook widget) - lets u chat to facebook within the app
-Fixed the full-screen issue
-Fixed issue of dissappearing songs
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR ALPHA 6: http://www.mediafire.com/?2nlz2yuznhn

Alpha Release 4 - 5/20/10
-Added the ability to add and remove songs in library and device library
-Fixed the comment dialog to show up (it notifies you of any things that are important...like a device being connected)
-Still uses activesync dll so you still need activesync to be installed
(and i cant distribute the dll due to legal issues)

-More stable than before (also faster)

--DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW--

Alpha Release 3 - (5/19/10)
-Just added device support (just getting started with it)
-added device song playback
-unfortunately still haven't found a way to connect to device without RAPI (the activesync dll) so it still needs activesync to be atleast installed
-Fixed issues with resolutions under 1333x768 (all over 1024x768 is ok)
-modified the layout of bazaar
-Enjoy!
-Fixed the bug of not having an x button (lol)

*Download link Below*
BIG IDEA I NEED HELP FOR

-In order to keep things away from Microsoft ActiveSync, I need to eliminate the who idea of using RAPI as an interface for communication, so I decided that the easiest other method is to impliment my own thing based on TCP. I tried some stuff with TCP and it's actually quite fast, and it allows WIFI SYNC!!!

-Anyway, the part i need help with is the wired sync. With TCP, i need it to be under a wifi so for those devices without TCP, im not sure how to use the COM port it's recognized as for doing TCP transfers. If you have any other recommendations, please do comment below.

-APP IS CODED IN C# so please do consider that when posting code. I am also familiar with other languages but i would prefer this (anything is welcome though).
THANK YOU

PICTURES
http://img31.imageshack.us/i/picsf.png/

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/musicm.png/

http://img30.imageshack.us/i/devicelibrary.png/

http://img46.imageshack.us/i/devicehome.png/

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/bazaar.png/
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hydros Installer Beta 4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.68 MB, 433 views)
-or-
Donate to further my tech adventures...

winmofreak
Old
(Last edited by winmofreak; 18th May 2010 at 10:48 PM.) Reason: just cuz
Thanks Meter 0
seems like a good idea, when can we expect a download?

i would love an alternative to activesync, and a good media player.

rkrishnan2012
Old
(Last edited by rkrishnan2012; 18th May 2010 at 11:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Smile Hydros

I got a sample running at lg-incite.com

heres the download:
http://uploading.com/files/f43e2e5d/HMC%2Ba3.zip/

This is just an alpha so its not great but it puts my point through....
-or-

winmofreak
Old
(Last edited by winmofreak; 19th May 2010 at 01:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Smile ill be your tester.

good thing, i have an omnia i910, and it has the same resolution. ill let you know what i find.

edit: check the link, it just takes me to some website called directors cut.

rkrishnan2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
it's uploading.com......it should only take you there. Are you referring to lg-incite.com? it works fine for me. Try to search it in google or something. Im posting the next version here in a day.
-or-

winmofreak
Old
(Last edited by winmofreak; 19th May 2010 at 08:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Question That's odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrishnan2012 View Post
it's uploading.com......it should only take you there. Are you referring to lg-incite.com? it works fine for me. Try to search it in google or something. Im posting the next version here in a day.
No, it does take me to uploading.com, but when I hit free download, it takes me off site.

Edit: nevermind I got it working. I just got confused by a redirect. Sorry.

ok, I. got the download working, but I keep getting a message that the setup.exe is an invalid pocket pc application. any ideas?

rkrishnan2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Smile Oops...

Im sorry. i think you misunderstood me. This app is meant for the computer and it syncs up with the phone....maybe i forgot to say that

Anyway, so far, the player only plays stuff. it doesn't have device support yet. I am releasing a new version tonight which may have device support.
-or-

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Great to know this!
I´ll be following development
Congrats.
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

winmofreak
Old
(Last edited by winmofreak; 19th May 2010 at 08:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrishnan2012 View Post
Im sorry. i think you misunderstood me. This app is meant for the computer and it syncs up with the phone....maybe i forgot to say that

Anyway, so far, the player only plays stuff. it doesn't have device support yet. I am releasing a new version tonight which may have device support.
ohhhhh.... ok, i dont thik i read your post very thouroughly. my bad. ill try it on my pc and let you know what i find.

Edit: i installed the Hydros media center, and i gotta say, it really reminds me of the zune marketplace (which i like). so keep up the good work. a few questions though; is there supposed to be a background image? and am i supposed to install everything in the .zip folder? other than that, the only thing i can notice is that the home button doesnt do anything.

rkrishnan2012
Old
(Last edited by rkrishnan2012; 20th May 2010 at 12:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Smile Hydros Media Center Alpha release 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmofreak View Post
ohhhhh.... ok, i dont thik i read your post very thouroughly. my bad. ill try it on my pc and let you know what i find.

Edit: i installed the Hydros media center, and i gotta say, it really reminds me of the zune marketplace (which i like). so keep up the good work. a few questions though; is there supposed to be a background image? and am i supposed to install everything in the .zip folder? other than that, the only thing i can notice is that the home button doesnt do anything.
nope. im trying to keep it as simple of a UI as possible so so far, there is no background image but i will make the next version so the user can choose themes and add their own image. I just updated it and it now has device support (very very minimal though) but you can now view stats about your winmo device, and you can view the songs in it.

-Ill post up pics as well in a few mins.

DOWNLOAD IS ATTACHED TO THIS POST
edit: link removed due to a stupid bug ill fix in a min.

EDIT: reposted in the first post.....that was a close one...

Edit: pictures posted as well...enjoy
-or-

Tags
activesync, hydros, rapi, sync, windows mobile