[100% Working] Changing the default language of Xperia X2 - takes you 5 minutes.
This message is now updated with a 100% working, and quick way of changing your language for the X2 device. I have now tested with 4 different languages (fi, en, se and de), and all worked. I also updated the cabs to report to the Update Software that the phone has an old versison. Now it does not compalin that the latest version is installed!
I have tested with these languages: GENERIC_FI, GENERIC_SE, GENERIC_UK and GENERIC_DE. The rest of the cabs are created with the same rules, so they should work to (if not, then please post here which cab does not work).
Before you upgrade, please write down the following info and fill it into the form on the download-page!! I really want this info.
I would like to know which all versions are out there, and how they are connected to the different ID:s and versions!
Content version Software language:
In what country the phone is bought:
Otherwise i have to put a special form that requires everyone to fill in this info before you can proceed to download..
Just follow these steps
- Get one of these cabs, and save it on yout SD-card (not phone, becaue you will erase the memory during this procedure!):
- Save the cab on your SD-card
- Reset the memory of your phone (settings->Clear phone)
- After the reboot, you have to align the screen. When finished, the phone starts to install cabs. NOW remove the battery (or press the reset-button on the back of the phone) so that the custom cabs wont get installed
- Start the phone again. Now when you get a screen that asks you if you want to continut the installation process, click NO. The phone boots up to default windows mobile with no SE panels etc.
- Now install the custom language-cab you downloaded to your SD-card earlier
- Turn off the phone
- Start the phone and keep the vol-down + power button down till you come tho the white SE screen.
- Start the SE Update Software, pick your X2 and click next. Connect the phone to the USB-cable when the software asks you to do so.
- After a while, the update-software informs that there is a new software-update available. Just hit next/continue and confirm that the phone's data will be erased.
There is NO need to remove any files on windows, The update software starts to automatically fetch the ROM that matches the installed custom-CAB
Now you notice that the update-software starts to download the new ROM (over 125Mb). If for some reason the upgrade does not start to install (eg. one case was with a demo X2 phone), then just let the phone complete the custom cab-installation It does a factory-reset before it resumes the install)
Below are the different language-versions available. I have not yet had time to create cabs for other languages, but if you need a specific language, then post to this thread a request so that i can create a custom cab for that language.
It would be nice if you would report to this thread if you succeed or not with this upgrade! :)
So, here is a list of available regions that i simply picked up from listigs of ROM:s To get the MR2-release, it has to have been released by SE...
Belgium - GENERIC_BE
Czech - GENERIC_CZ
Danish - GENERIC_DK
Dutch - GENERIC_NL
English (Generic) - GENERIC_EN
English (UK) - GENERIC_UK
Finnish - GENERIC_FI
French - GENERIC_FR
German - GENERIC_DE
Greek - GENERIC_GR
Indian - GENERIC_IN
Middle East - GENERIC_MEA
Polish - GENERIC_PL
Portuguese - GENERIC_PT
Russian - GENERIC_RU
Singapore - GENERIC_SG
Spanish - GENERIC_ES
Swedish - GENERIC_SE
Taiwan - GENERIC_TW
Needless to say that you do these tweaks on your own risk