Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi connection issue

Tip us?

samiirtuner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default wifi connection issue

What's up guys? I have a problem. Here at school we can connect to the public wifi and what happens is that when u open the browser it directs u to a clean access software where u log in then u have interner access. This worked fine on my iphone but the x10 sometimes when I open the browser the page wouldn't even load and sometimes I can log in but then it doesn't work after I log in. What's wrong here? Do I have to register the MAC address with the school?

chris_knows
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Might sound like a basic solution, but have you tried from a different browser? (i.e. Opera Mini or SkyFire)

gulpreet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It works fine for me. I have it set to automatically connect to my school network when in range. And all I have to do then is open up my browser and just type in any random website, and it redirects me to the school site automatically, where I can log in. And then I'm set to go. Occasionally though it does stop working, like maybe after 10-15 mins... I found it disconnects when your screen turns off. There's an option to keep you wifi always on.. I think the default is set to "turn off when screen is off" so it disconnects then. If you want to change that setting, go to settings and then wifi and manage connections I think it was, and then press the menu button on the phone and the setting for wifi come up and you can select wifi to always remain on.
Hope this helped.

samiirtuner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanx for the replies guy i will try a different browser when i go to school and see if this works and will reply