What does S4X_AutoLauncher.mscr do?
S4X_Auto script does the following, in the following order:
- 01. shuts down sense, kills manila.exe and any processes found in the "autoKillApps" section of the autoSettings.ini.
- 02. deletes AppData folder from device, if instructed by autoSettings.ini to do so.
- 03. installs CERT files found in XDA_UC_\_Mod_\filesCERT (+ subfolders)
- 04. provisions any XML files that have "email" or "wifi" in the name of the file.
- 05. silently sets windows them from the autoSettings.ini, place the filename.tsk(only - spaces are OK, but NO path) of the theme in the INI like this:
- 06. installs CABs, located in root of XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCAB, silently to device
- 07. installs CABs, located in root of XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCAB or any subfolder thereof (EXCEPT FOR \netCF, \Dialer, \SDAuto or \SKIP), silently to device.
- 08. if a SASHIMI ".auto" file is present, it will install the cab semi-silently (no user interaction required), to device or storage card (see XDA_UC\_Mod_\_bin\INI\sample-file.auto for example)
- 09. install a custom dialer if there are CABs present in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCAB\Dialer (+ subfolders), shuts down the proper processes first and if that isn't possible it will skip installation so that there are no errors.
- 10. installs netCF CABs silently to device if present in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCAB\netCF (+ subfolders) (uses THIS method. )
- 11. looks for CABs in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCAB\SDAuto(+ subfolders), installs them silently to your SD. The cabs don't HAVE to be UC compatible, but you will have to do some manual things if they aren't UC compatible... NOTE: not all CABs work with this method, if they don't work, please place them in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCAB\Manual, for full user interaction when necessary. This is no longer a separate script, I have integrated it. credit to bengilah @ winmo-experts.com
- 12. SKIPS all CABs located in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCAB\SKIP (+ subfolders)
- 13. installs *.XDA, *.XDAI, *.XDAS & *.XDAZ files found in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesXDA (subfolders as well)
- 14. imports all reg files found in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesREG (+ subfolders)
- 15. provisions XML files found in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesXML (+ subfolders)
- 16. executes EXE files found in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesEXE (+ subfolders), if a parameter(s) is found in exeparams.ini, then it is run with those parameters
- 17. looks for *.wgt/*.widget files in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesWGT, and installs them with wmwidgetInstaller.exe (if present in ROM) automatically (not silent, but usually no user input is required).
- 18. looks for folders under folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesSense\****, and copies the content of each folder to \Windows, this is useful for keeping your fixes/mods seperated so that when a new rom comes out that includes the fix/mod you can just delete that folder and it won't be copied to device anymore during XDA_UC setup =)
- 19. copies all files/folders from folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesRoot, to the root of the device IE: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesRoot\My Documents gets copied to \My Documents...etc...
- 20. if present, executes deleteOps.ini and deletes files and/or folders, see the XDA_UC\_Mod_\_bin\INI folder for sample .ini's
- 21. if present *.pib file in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesPIM, starts PIMBackup and waits until user is finished importing settings, then...
- 22. looks for PIM.VOL in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesPIM, renames current, copies backup, then places a self actuating and deleting script in \Windows\Startup that will delete the old renamed PIM.VOL file at the next boot.
- 23. runs any MSCR (MortScripts) found in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesMSCR (+ subfolders), if parameters exist in scriptparams.ini, then it runs the script with the given parameters.
- 24. imports CHT settings file, if present in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCHT
- 25. finally, I have added logging (no matter whether script is ran manually or automatically by XDA_UC) and on-screen notifications (only during initial XDA_UC setup), the log file can be found in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\_bin\LOG\S4X_Auto_ver#_LOG.txt
- XX. For ALL CAB & Widget file installs, looks for an entry in customlinks.ini, if present moves the link to the specified directory in the start menu after installation is complete
What does S4X_SDAutoLauncher.mscr do?
- 01. It loads the sdauto script with an updated version of MortScript.exe (4.3b15) and waits for it to finish (this way you don't have to install new version of mortscript for it to work!).
- 01. files are installed alphanumerically: 0, 1, a, A
- 02. supports SASHIMI ".auto" files, to automate installation of non UC compliant CABs (ie: pop up messages/windows during installation)
- 03. it writes a log to XDA_UC\_Mod_\_bin\LOG\S4X_SDAuto_1.0_LOG.txt
What does S4X_Backup do?
- 01. * Full minus file > customRegXport, PIMBackup & CHTBackup
- 02. * FullBackupXport > Filebackup.ini, Regexport.ini, PIMBackup & CHTBackup
- 03. * CustomRegXport > run regexport.ini ONLY
- 04. * PIMBackup > Backs up PIM data with PIMBackup, if a file already exists in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesPIM folder, it copies the file(s) to folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\_Manual\filesPIM
- 05. * CHTBackup > Backs up Co0kie Home Tab data and saves it as "chtsettings.cht" in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesCHT
- 06. * filebackup > runs filebackup.ini ONLY
- 07. * Full Export > full registry exported saved in folder: XDA_UC\_Mod_\_Manual\filesREG
- 08. * View Regexport.ini > Shows you the contents of regexport.ini
- 09. * View Filebackup.ini > Shows you the contents of filebackup.ini
- 10. * _ E X I T _ * > self explanatory ;)
- 11. when doing a REG export I added a check of fileSkipOverOrArchive in autoSettings.ini (found in XDA_UC\_Mod_\_bin\INI), 0 = ARCHIVE, 1 = OVERWRITE, 2 = SKIP), if set to ARCHIVE a subfolder is created in XDA_UC\_Mod_\_Manual\filesREG and the files present in XDA_UC\_Mod_\filesREG are moved there before export starts. this way you have a backup of previous reg settings.
XDA_UC RELATED LINKS:
MORTSCRIPT RELATED LINKS:
SASHIMI RELATED LINKS:
I am going to post the contents of my filebackup.ini and regexport.ini's for reference, for you non-SASHIMI converts or SASHIMI users who never took the time to learn that wonderful part of SASHIMI. See posts #2 (autoSettings.ini) and #3 (filebackup.ini, regexport.ini, example ini's) for that info...
- 1. a way to automate PIMBackup restore w/an .ini
- 2. completely modularize the mod and allow an .ini to set/determine what actions are performed, hopefully to make process slightly quicker as only script code needed will be loaded/executed
- 03. regKeyDelete.ini - to automatically delete some keys from registry [ie: bootloader and init entries...etc...] will be written much like the regexport.ini from sashimi
If you only want functionality to install cabs to SDCard silently, then just download the S4X_SDAuto_Mod and extract the zip to the ROOT of XDA_UC folder, otherwise if you want the full mod download the S4X_Auto_plus_Backup_Mod and extract it to the ROOT of XDA_UC folder, there is no need for both as the S4X_SDAuto_Mod is included in the full mod.
- 1. choose file and unzip to ROOT of XDA_UC folder
- 2. if running EITHER mod manually, run the .mscr file in root of XDA_UC or .exe in the _bin folder, do NOT run the .mscr file in the XDA_UC\_Mod_\_bin folder unless you have a 4.3b11+ version of MortScript already installed on your system
- 3. to use S4X_Backup run S4X_Backup.exe in the XDA_UC\_Mod_\_bin folder of XDA_UC or from the start menu > tools > S4X_Backup (only present if you've used xda_uc setup with my mod)
S4X_Auto & Backup Mod [Latest] - mediafire mirror
S4X_SDAuto Mod[Latest] - mediafire mirror
EDIT 12/27/2010 ATTENTION: As I am currently unable to keep up with the updates at the moment, XDA user powinmo, is providing some code updates at THIS POST, please download the full package, then download his code update if you are a first time user. Otherwise you can just download his update, to fix the current issues. Changelog for his update is HERE.