[XDA_UC][UC][SASHIMI][S4X] S4X_Auto & S4X_Backup [DEC.02.2010] XDA_UC Mods & Answers

22nd May 2010, 04:02 PM   |  #31  
Forum Moderator
Flag No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Thanks Meter: 2,166

3,333 posts
Donate to Me
More
OK your script works .
22nd May 2010, 04:05 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Flag ap0pka
Thanks Meter: 603

2,791 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceesheim

OK your script works .

OK, I'll let him know about it...
22nd May 2010, 05:11 PM   |  #33  
Flag Roseville, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

130 posts
More
PIM Back up & Exchange Sync??
are there any known issues with backing up pim and syncing with an exchange server?

I don't know why there would be..but I've always just synced up after a flash vs. backing up and restoring, but that seems to be one of the most time consuming parts of the flash.

Thanks

Ral
22nd May 2010, 05:50 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 36

504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralt

are there any known issues with backing up pim and syncing with an exchange server?

I don't know why there would be..but I've always just synced up after a flash vs. backing up and restoring, but that seems to be one of the most time consuming parts of the flash.

Thanks

Ral

Same here! I've used Exchange for several years through a few different phones and ROMs (although it's really more of a restore of info from the exchange server as opposed to the traditional "backup"). Changes made on the phone sync to Exchange a they are occur, at least within a connection cycle. SMS/MMS saved and restored with MS My Phone service.

Great when you flash a ROM away from home or your phone breaks and you have to start from scratch! This has happened to me when traveling and it was really great to recover on the road.
22nd May 2010, 06:15 PM   |  #35  
Flag Roseville, CA

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanaka

Same here! I've used Exchange for several years through a few different phones and ROMs

So have you used a back up AND exchange without any problems? I'm trying to decide if I can do it...I know I don't have to. but thought it may save time.

thanks
22nd May 2010, 07:40 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 36

504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralt

So have you used a back up AND exchange without any problems? I'm trying to decide if I can do it...I know I don't have to. but thought it may save time.

thanks

ONLY use MS My Phone, as it will detect the Exchange server and NOT back up your contacts, appointments (calendar), emails and tasks. It will back up your MSM/SMS messages, documents, photos, etc.

DO NOT use another backup program for contacts, etc. EXCEPT for a fail-safe! If you restore from another backup program the contacts, etc. will be DUPLICATED when you re-sync with Exchange server.

I sync about 1400 contacts and it was a real pain when I discovered that any contacts I restored with PIM backup or Sprite Backup were duplicated in Exchange...fortunately I use a pretty good duplicate finder (Cardscan) to remove them, but I then discovered that many of my business card images (from both Cardscan and Neat Office) had been lost in the process.

The one thing I have NOT been able to backup are the contact specific ringtones. I think they are saved in PIM.vol and the Exchange server does not sync the ringtone field. Perhaps others have had more success with contact ringtones. If so, I'm all ears (or eyes)!!!

I have been about 50% successful in restoring Sense Favorites in the correct order when I restore that area from registry. Sometimes the contact pointers get changed when restoring from Exchange and then the wrong people get added to favorites.

About 75% successful in restoring the "favorite" contacts in spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3.

Don't get the wrong idea, ALL of the contacts are correctly restored from Exchange, it's just the "favorite" ones that you choose to display on a Sense or MShell page that may need to be adjusted!

HTH
Last edited by rmanaka; 22nd May 2010 at 07:42 PM.
22nd May 2010, 09:37 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS

there is a script that comes with SASHIMI, called "makisu" that can do that... I was thinking about trying to write my own version of it... but as of yet I haven't even opened that script file to see just how complicated that task may be... at any rate, I used makisu to build my activsync_email_wifi.xml and it works perfectly every time =)

Awesome. Worked great. Thank you!
23rd May 2010, 03:14 PM   |  #38  
Flag Roseville, CA

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanaka

ONLY use MS My Phone, as it will detect the Exchange server and NOT back up your contacts, appointments (calendar), emails and tasks. It will back up your MSM/SMS messages, documents, photos, etc.

DO NOT use another backup program for contacts, etc. EXCEPT for a fail-safe! If you restore from another backup program the contacts, etc. will be DUPLICATED when you re-sync with Exchange server.

Thanks...that's kinda what I thought but had hoped there was a better way to flash and restore quickly.
24th May 2010, 09:59 AM   |  #39  
OP Senior Member
Flag ap0pka
Thanks Meter: 603

2,791 posts
More
O.K. been racking my brain for the past few hours and finally got it figured out, this was a BITCH! (for my small minded self)
Code:
XCopy( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\*.tsk", "\Windows", TRUE, FALSE )
Sleep( 10000 )
tskArray = DirContents( "Windows\*.tsk", DC_FILES )
If ( NOT isEmpty( tskArray ) )
	If ( FileExists( "\Windows\cusTSK.exe" ) = TRUE )
		If ( FileExists( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr" ) = TRUE )
			Delete( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr" )
		Else
		EndIf
		WriteFile( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr", "ChoiceDefault( ""theme picker"", ""choose a theme:"", 0, 30, tskArray ) ^NL^", TRUE )
		ForEach x, file in array( tskArray )
		  write = "    Case(" & x & ") ^NL^      RunWait( ""\Windows\cusTSK.exe"", ""\Windows\" & file & """)^NL^      Sleep( 5000 )^NL^      RedrawToday^NL^"
		  WriteFile( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr", write, TRUE )
		EndForEach
		WriteFile( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr", "EndChoice^NL^", TRUE )
		Sleep( 1000 )
		CallScript( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr" )
	Else
		SleepMessage( 5, "Sorry, cusTSK.exe was ^NL^ not found on device. ^NL^ Please copy cusTSK.exe ^NL^to your \Windows dir ^NL^ and try again.", "Error...", TRUE )
	EndIf
		If ( FileExists( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr" ) )
		  Delete( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\choices.mscr" )
		Else
		EndIf
	SleepMessage( 10, "There were no *.tsk files ^NL^found anywhere on device.", "Error:", TRUE ) 
EndIf
I will be adding this to my script and what it does is copy any *.tsk files you have in XDA_UC root to \Windows then opens a window with choices of all available themes, then it lets you set the theme when you choose OK, if you do nothing, it does nothing... I think I am going to add a couple more lines so that if you want it to be silent you can just name it something like "my.tsk" and it will copy that to \windows and set it as your theme with no interation needed...

hope this will make some of you happy... going to leave the old version of the mod up, and set this one as ver2 or something...

edit: major overhaul... now using autoTSK.ini (if present in XDA_UC folder) to set the theme silently.
Code:
[theme]
file=EnergyROM 2010.tsk NO PATH, JUST FILENAME
if the file is present and a filename is present in the file it will set that theme silently, and skip the choices menu. otherwise it will pull up a menu of all available choices in \Windows
Code:
errorA = DirContents( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\*.tsk", DC_FILES )
fileTSK = IniRead( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\autotsk.ini", "theme", "file" )
tskArray = DirContents( "\Windows\*.tsk", DC_FILES )

###########################################################
# Copy any/all *.tsk Files to \Windows ####################

If ( NOT isEmpty( errorA ) )
	  XCopy( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\*.tsk", "\Windows", TRUE, FALSE )
	  Sleep( 10000 )
	EndIf

# Set default silent theme ################################

If ( NOT isEmpty( fileTSK ) )
	  RunWait( "\Windows\cusTSK.exe", "\Windows\" & fileTSK )
	  Sleep( 5000 )
	  tskArray = "AUTO"
	  RedrawToday
	EndIf

# If no "silent" file, give choices #######################

If ( isEmpty( tskArray ) )
	  SleepMessage( 5, "There were no *.tsk files ^NL^found anywhere on the device", "Error:", TRUE ) 
	ElseIf ( tskArray eq "AUTO" )
	  SleepMessage( 5, "autoTSK.ini was used^NL^to set theme.", "AUTO:", TRUE )
	Else
	  If ( FileExists( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr" ) = TRUE )
	    Delete( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr" )
	  EndIf
	  WriteFile( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr", "ChoiceDefault( ""theme picker"", ""choose a theme:"", 0, 10, tskArray ) ^NL^", TRUE )
	  ForEach x, file in array( tskArray )
	    write = "    Case(" & x & ") ^NL^      RunWait( ""\Windows\cusTSK.exe"", ""\Windows\" & file & """)^NL^      Sleep( 5000 )^NL^      RedrawToday^NL^"
	    writeFile( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr", write, TRUE )
	  EndForEach
	  WriteFile( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr", "EndChoice^NL^", TRUE )
	  Sleep( 1000 )
	  CallScript( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr" )
	EndIf
	If ( FileExists( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr" ) )
	  Delete( XDAUC_FOLDER & "\temp.mscr" )
	EndIf
Last edited by blast0id; 25th May 2010 at 04:23 PM.
25th May 2010, 08:18 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 147

591 posts
More
This is great! What a fab mod

Quick question - one of the killer functions of Sashimi (in my opinion) is the ability to silently install cabs onto the SD.

I know XDA_UC can do this for the device and can offer you an assisted install in the XDA_UC/SD directory which allows you to manually choose the SD as a destination - but do you know how Sashimi allows for a silent install on the SD card?

If so, it would great to stick some cabs in say, XDA_UC/SDAuto or something like that for those cabs that we know we just want to plain vanilla install on the SD card.

Any thoughts?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
energy, mod, mods, mortscript, xda_uc
Previous Thread Next Thread