Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 43,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Incredible + A2DP on Kenwood kiv bt-900?

Tip us?

Bukem75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Question Incredible + A2DP on Kenwood kiv bt-900?

Just had the new kenwood deck installed... Should do almost anything. I have my incredible paired up and calls are clear. Problem is A2DP audio streaming. Does not work. No A2DP device is found. Yes, the manual gives directions to play streamed audio once bt is synced. Well, its synced, got my phone book on there, and calls are being made.

Any thoughts or ideas to get streaming audio?
► Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Sprint ◄ ~ ► Cohost of the AtheistNomads.com podcast ◄

gmischenko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I don't have any help to offer, but I am experiencing the same problem with my Pioneer FH-P8000BT. Pairs for phone calls with no issue and everything is clear, but the radio does not even "see" the device as being available for A2DP.

I previously paired a few different HTC phones (all running Windows Mobile) with this radio with no issues. I'm hoping it's a simple fix, but I can't find a single thing in the settings that I haven't played with to try and get it to work.
-Telsta HTC Touch HD T8285 (using on AT&T in U.S.A.)

seanmcd72
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I have an Alpine HU with an Alpine KCE-400BT bluetooth add on. My streaming audio is working, although I don't get any song/artist info on screen. I do have an issue where the phone doesn't sync up all the time. It syncs up great in the morning. If I stop for gas or something (turn off the car briefly) and get back in, then the radio won't see the phone until a call comes in or is started from the phone (or I toggle BT on/off).

You might check with Pioneer on any firmware udpates.
Phone: Droid Razr... Moto X (ALL BLACK)

drtretj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Incredible + A2DP on Kenwood kiv bt-900?

My incredible works great with my Ford sync system. It always connects, calls are loud and crisp, and streaming bt audio works great. I use it to listen to Pandora all the time.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
Retired: T-Mobile G1 Black
Retired: HTC Droid Incredible
Retired: Motorola Xoom
Retired: Verizon Galaxy Nexus

HTC One M7

Nexus 7 stock.

drhill
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcd72 View Post
I have an Alpine HU with an Alpine KCE-400BT bluetooth add on. My streaming audio is working, although I don't get any song/artist info on screen. I do have an issue where the phone doesn't sync up all the time. It syncs up great in the morning. If I stop for gas or something (turn off the car briefly) and get back in, then the radio won't see the phone until a call comes in or is started from the phone (or I toggle BT on/off).

You might check with Pioneer on any firmware udpates.
I have seen other people post issues with having bluetooth on the phone enabled before the car is on. If you turn the car on first and then the phone's bluetooth they said it worked fine.

the tree
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have Kenwood HU and my phone won't pair with it. my Blackberry Paired with it fine, and even did A2DP, and worked awesome...now......nothing.

Been looking for some answers as to why, but after calling Kenwood they said it's a software update that is missing.

however, seeing as some people are getting it working fine....I am suspecious.

madman34
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Kenwood 4160 working, actually better

My 4160 and serveral WM units worked, but the A2DP always had to be turned on by going into the menu every single time I wanted to listen to anything from the phone, but the Incredible does it by itself every time perfectly.
RETIRED:
VX6600>VX6700>VX6800 DCD 3.0.0/3.55.04>
TP2 (stock, not inspired to mess with it)>
CURRENT:
HTC REZOUND, limping
THUNDERBOLT, ROOTED ALSO!

hawkye
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I have a Pioneer AVIC N4 and the audio for both calls and music works just fine out of the box.

Boozie2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the kiv-bt900 also, and it is my understanding that it does not have A2DP. I believe the A2Dp in the manual is referring to the KIV-700 with the add on bt module.

From page 67 (of the downloaded manual from Kenwood)

KIV-BT900
Supported Bluetooth Profiles:
Version: Bluetooth Standard Ver. 2.0
Profile: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
OPP: (Object Push Profile)
PCAP (Phone Book Access Profile
SYNC (Synchronization Profile)

I thought it had it too when i bought it. Maybe a future update will enable it though??

Just Joe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What does A2DP mean please?