Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,848 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Desire is Possessed!

Tip us?

popkid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default My Desire is Possessed!

Twice today, my phone has just started playing music on its own... its not a ringtone or an alarm, there is nothing displayed in the notification area, I don't have a music widget on my homepage, and I can't stop it, just turn it down. Both occasions I've had to remove the battery to stop it...

Any clue what its playing at?

P.

gringooo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Somethibg similar happened to me. Once when phone was ringing I couldnt answer nor I could stop it from ringing, the only way was to remove battery, and the other time I couldnt stop the alarm.

cez10
Old
Thanks Meter 21
have you tried soft/hard reset?

popkid
Old
(Last edited by popkid; 21st May 2010 at 02:19 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Not sure how you soft reset?

I'm one of the many that has a phone that won't shutdown, so I can't just switch it off and on again if that is what you mean?

Hard reset may be worth the pain in the longer run I guess, but I'm rarely in the position to have enough time to restore all my contacts, apps etc. Maybe I'll find a day over the bank holiday weekend to reset and reinstall everything, few people seem to suggest that has cured the shutdown issue for them too.

The music was a song, girl singing... not just a ringtone or notification noise, the only music stored on the device is whatever HTC put on it, was just in my pocket first time it happened, 2nd time on table

P.

cez10
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by popkid View Post
Not sure how you soft reset?

I'm one of the many that has a phone that won't shutdown, so I can't just switch it off and on again if that is what you mean?

Hard reset may be worth the pain in the longer run I guess, but I'm rarely in the position to have enough time to restore all my contacts, apps etc. Maybe I'll find a day over the bank holiday weekend to reset and reinstall everything, few people seem to suggest that has cured the shutdown issue for them too.

The music was a song, girl singing... not just a ringtone or notification noise, the only music stored on the device is whatever HTC put on it, was just in my pocket first time it happened, 2nd time on table

P.
yeh thats what i meant i had some issues with syncing contacts with google acc and switching phone off and back on solved it,

and how can you tell your phone doesnt switch off? mine with many apps takes a good while about 5 minutes to turn off lol, have you tried waiting that long?

popkid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes, if I switch off when I go to bed it is still shutting down the following morning, so like 8 hours later... I've not waited longer than that as I usually need the phone again by then! Whatever, it makes it impractical as an off/on fix to any problems. There are a couple of threads regarding this issue but none of the suggested fixes have any effect for me. Perhaps hard reset is the answer.

LondonDragon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine reset itself in the middle of the night the other day! :|

rolfd
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by popkid View Post

P.
If I were you I'd have a word with the local priest and watch the exorcist. If your phone starts spewing pea soup and swearing at you.... PANIC

popkid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
lol thanks... think it needs the reset... its stopped indicating usb status in the notification area now too

P