JUNE 20 UPDATE: added new cab -Alecs WP7 Taskbar V2.0- built with HD2 files. This cab works both on WM6.5 and 6.5.X and on most devices (theoretically). This time I added CDMA and other specific icons. You'll notice that all the icons in V2.0 have rounded corners (this suits better with the actual skinning trends on XDA). To get the volume icon working, download Volume Fixes V2.zip and install the appropriate cab inside. Please note that is still in TESTS! And don't forget to post your feedback!
WVGA & VGA
QVGA & WQVGA - not available
WM 6.5 & 6.5.X
GSM & CDMA (only in v2.0)
WWE (English) ROMS only! Users with Non-WWE ROMS
read post #9
Built for HTC devices! Chances for this to work on other devices
(Toshiba, Samsung, Asus etc) are small.
After almost 4 weeks of work on this project I managed today to finally take out the first cabs. I'm pretty sure this is gonna look good on your phones, it does on mine. Though I don't particularly like WP7 themes, I must agree that their light blue tone really looks good on a pitch black background, so I decided to set this blue-square look on the taskbar.
[B] This is a work in progress! Some icons (not many) are not skinned yet; further skinning is scheduled, but for now my work focuses on adapting the icons for W/QVGA. CDMA users will have to wait a few days for an updated cab, as I did not had the time (and patience) to draw the cdma icons for this release. Some of the icons were created by modifying images available on the web, thus credit goes to their authors. Please, do not post questions like "Will this work on my X device?", just try at your own risk and find out if it does; it's hard for me to know the effects of these cabs on different roms and devices. Due to the current rom abundance it's impossible to create an universal taskbar cab file and to make all users happy. I cannot be held responsible for any eventual damage or disfunctionalities following the installation of my cabs.
1. If you have a custom taskbar installed, uninstall it first and reboot.
2. Download and install the cab that matches your OS (WM 6.5 has the start icon on the upper-left corner, WM6.5.X has the start icon on the bottom-left corner), then reboot. Though the cab contains the certifications, it's safer for you to first install sdkcerts.
3. For WM6.5.X- after the installation there's a chance your volume icons won't get skinned (or the volume area will not respond to touch). In this case you must identify your version of HTCVolumeControl.dll (you can find it in the Windows folder using Resco Explorer or Total Commander, but be sure you uncheck the "Hide hidden files" option first). Then download the appropriate VolumeFix cab from post #2, install it and perform a reboot.
First release: 22.05.10
- Alecs WP7 Taskbar V1-WM6.5 W/VGA
- Alecs WP7 Taskbar V1-WM6.5.X W/VGA
Second release: 20.06.10
- Alecs WP7 Taskbar V2.0 (single cab for both wm6.5 and 6.5.X)
Currently skinned icons:
-notifications (sms, mms, missed calls etc.)
-GPRS, EDGE, 3G and HSDPA icons and connecting animations
-headset, BT stereo headset
-flight mode, GPS, no SIM etc etc.
- Custom wait cursor (used temporary): the standard WM cursor switched to light blue.
- Custom system folder icons (icon is from a shared icon archive here on XDA. Whoever the author is, I thank him). If you don't like this icon, uninstall the taskbar and go back to the old boring folder icons
- Custom icon for .exe files (that don't have their own icon)
-nothing; this project is currently on hold and no further updates scheduled.
Special Thanks to:
- Shahab2500, for his testing activity and feedback.
- djcedric, for allowing me to use and modify his nice speaker icons
- DarkNinja, for his great wait cursor (not used in this release though)
- Other users who did a great job with their taskbar projects (dafunk, Brians, Dinik, ArtieQ and so on)
- Ascary, Phenomen, Steff195, Khosty and other people who encouraged this project.
- All people who like and use this taskbar.