Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nanling's QuickPad EN - notepad, text editor, multiple instances, big files, unicode

Tip us?

papo
Old
(Last edited by papo; 26th May 2010 at 03:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Nanling's QuickPad EN - notepad, text editor, multiple instances, big files, unicode

You sure know the QuickMenu - Start manager by our fellow Nanling.
He created this QuickPad app too, but never did translation into english, which made it little non-usable by us, who can't read Chinese.
My first attempt was pretty lazy, editing res in exe, which wasn't very complete work and created some mis-formatting too.

Now there is standard MUI file in english!

what's good about QuickPad:
- multiple instances - will not open second file in the same window
- can open big big files
- can do go to column/line and showing position too
- unicode is called UTF-16 in it.
- can edit read-only files (PHM notepad would ignore save if read-only, quite nasty)

- no touchflo. In file open/save dialog, if you try to scroll by dragging in list, it would come with error (but not crash) (where is this option to disable TF in reg? I saw it once I think)

- if you hold down/up button it will start scrolling by pages (click by line, holding by pages) - can't really decide if this's good or bad

in attachment:
QuickPad.cab: classic EN installation

if your pda is not EN, rename mui code to your lang code:
QuickPad.exe.0409.mui to QuickPad.exe.xxxx.mui

MUI fix-ONLY for EN localized pda.cab: DON'T RUN THIS cab ON NON-ENGLISH PDA's (would reset it to english)
Some EN pdas would ignore mui files. This cab (just reg inside) should fix that.
the cab contains this reg:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MUI]
"SysLang"=dword:00000409
"Enable"=dword:00000001

QuickPad.zip: OEM - if you know what it is, you know what to do

===

one issue: in open/save dialog, there should be current folder visible in first combo. I can't set original props for this dialog with what I have.

I made translation by guess and try there still are some strings and one dialog I never saw and can't guess what it is. If someone from China, could go through them and tell me, I'll add it there. Or if someone would run into "xxxS1" by using QuickPad, let me know what was supposed to be shown there.
cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QuickPad.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	332642  
Attached Files
File Type: cab QuickPad.cab - [Click for QR Code] (127.3 KB, 261 views)
File Type: cab MUI fix-ONLY for EN localized pda.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: zip QuickPad.zip - [Click for QR Code] (57.5 KB, 112 views)

mike2nl
Old
Thanks Meter 535
Thanks for sharing. I will give it a try on the weekend. Report later...
Sensation XE: 光盤 6, PYDX & AIO latest
SGT 7 3G: CM 11, 4.4.2 storm31
HD2: 光盤 3.7, marc 0.2.3
Teams: CHTBeta, CHTArt, CD
Apps: 3D Photo Browser Mods
Android Test Links: USB Echo

neurocutie
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've been looking for suitable notepad memo app for WM for forever... one that can truly replace the simple Memo app in old PalmOS which debutted some 15 years ago. One of its key features was that you could create dozens of hundreds of memos and then search through them for a simple string pattern and it would list all the hits and you then could tap on one and you would be put in that memo at exact the point of the string match. Also the searching was FAST, even for hundreds of memos on 16mhz CPU.

I still can't find anything in the WM world that matches this... I don't suppose the app does...
Tags
notepad, quickpad, text editor, unicode editor