Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nandroid backup

Tip us?
 
Woocash03
Old
#1  
Woocash03's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2009
Question Nandroid backup

Hi!
I have got Modaco R3 rom and wanna use new kernel with 1,2Ghz Snapdragon mode, but I don't sure about nandroid backup.

I know - is possible to make nandroid backup, but can I restore it from recovery, when I have been going to restore and replace custom kernel with default one?

Is it possible?

Thanks for reply
 
shawe_ewahs
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woocash03 View Post
Hi!
I have got Modaco R3 rom and wanna use new kernel with 1,2Ghz Snapdragon mode, but I don't sure about nandroid backup.

I know - is possible to make nandroid backup, but can I restore it from recovery, when I have been going to restore and replace custom kernel with default one?

Is it possible?

Thanks for reply
Yes, but wait for new recovery if you don't want to brick.
 
DennisG1
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 238
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawe_ewahs View Post
Yes, but wait for new recovery if you don't want to brick.
when will the new recovery availble (germans don't know how to wirte this word )?
 
Woocash03
Old
#4  
Woocash03's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2009
@up: available : )! Sehr gut XD?

Anyway, is it possible to release new recovery? Coz I dont know how nandroid can brick my device? Is this backup what I created before doesn't work with currently recovery?

Sorry for my english.
 
shawe_ewahs
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisG1 View Post
when will the new recovery availble (germans don't know how to wirte this word )?
maybe soon, look at this: http://twitpic.com/1r7tjj

Is "available"
 
shawe_ewahs
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woocash03 View Post
@up: available : )! Sehr gut XD?

Anyway, is it possible to release new recovery? Coz I dont know how nandroid can brick my device? Is this backup what I created before doesn't work with currently recovery?

Sorry for my english.
The problem is not nandroid, is the actual recovery.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MultiROM Ported to the Moto E

Few categoriesof Android development are as intrinsically interestingas the ability to boot into multiple … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Control Google Play Wake Locks – XDA Developer TV

Xposed Modules are usually pretty simple. There are a few … more

Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more

Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more