/mnt/sdcard AND sdcard problem--> Need Help

OP mtw4991

27th May 2010, 03:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 216

2,242 posts
More
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread-mod can move.
Yesterday I was trying to install Mobile Defense as a system app as reccommended by MD website and instructions using adb push. Somehow it didn't work real well and I ended up with TWO sdcard directories.

In Root Explorer, one is /mnt and one is /sdcard (like always). The/mnt also has /mnt/sdcard, /mnt/asec and /mnt/secure. The /mnt/sdcard has duplicate entries of /sdcard and is screwing up loading/flashing kernels, etc. I have tried to delete this /mnt directory after Mount R/W in Root Explorer, but it keeps coming back!

I'm not very good at the whole coding/language thing and could use some instructions (4 noobies) as to how to get rid of this file without a total wipe. THANKS in advance
27th May 2010, 03:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

206 posts
Wrong section.
27th May 2010, 03:23 PM   |  #3  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 13

1,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
I believe /sdcard is a link (shortcut) to /mnt/sdcard.

So, depending on your ADB commands, anything that says /sdcard, try changing that to /mnt/sdcard and see if that works better.
27th May 2010, 03:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 216

2,242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82

I believe /sdcard is a link (shortcut) to /mnt/sdcard.

So, depending on your ADB commands, anything that says /sdcard, try changing that to /mnt/sdcard and see if that works better.

Ok, thanks. The problem is that I downloaded IR's lastes 0524 925 BFS kernel and it shows in recovery as on the sdcard, but when I tried to flash it, the flash failed and said it couldn't find the file on the sdcard. I assumed it was looking in two places at once and got confused/conflicted, therefore it quit?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread