Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Theme] [QVGA Landscape] [Standard 6.1|6.5] Smartphone Revitalize Sliding Panel Theme

OP gtg465x

28th May 2010, 03:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,928

3,906 posts
More
Hi guys,

So I'm one of those guys still living in the dark age of Windows Mobile Standard. I don't see many good themes posted for good ole non-touchscreen phones, so I thought I'de give it a shot.

Critiques are encouraged!

More information to come...

Requirements
  • Windows Mobile Standard 6.1 or 6.5
  • QVGA Landscape device

Installation
  • After unzipping, look at the folder names for instructions

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots.jpg
Views:	2465
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	333815   Click image for larger version

Name:	More_Screenshots.jpg
Views:	2421
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	333816  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Smartphone Revitalize.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.59 MB, 3833 views)
Last edited by gtg465x; 28th May 2010 at 08:50 PM.
28th May 2010, 09:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 30

477 posts
More
i have broke my last smartphone a while ago (and now all my smartphones are died)
but imo your theme is perfect and nice... very cool text on screen (great chars, slim font)
i love the themes without useless icons ^^
maybe you could add a titanium slider (or only an underlined graphic to the active panel)
the page counter is a little "oldish" maybe you could redesign it and move to another position
and for least a thing (i think is impossible): make the long titles of panels sticking/sliding to read the whole text in it (e.g. in the calendar panel you could read only the first part of the appointment infos, if u get it orrizontal sliding you could read it all like the music info panels) but for me this is impossible

so now i haven't a device to test it, but i like, nice job! thanks to sharing

ot
are you still living in the dark age of Windows Mobile Standard? i wish that times return for me
i miss my old winmo NONtouch... actually i hate to have to tap with my finger on these little display (e.g. i was texting on my htc wings 50sms/hour , now my frineds joke me cuz it seem that i cannot write in a correct italian language...)
non touchscreen are the best phones imo but actually they are lost in the old technologies limbo... and i doubt thay could come out again...
28th May 2010, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer

3,906 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by znial

i have broke my last smartphone a while ago (and now all my smartphones are died)
but imo your theme is perfect and nice... very cool text on screen (great chars, slim font)
i love the themes without useless icons ^^
maybe you could add a titanium slider (or only an underlined graphic to the active panel)
the page counter is a little "oldish" maybe you could redesign it and move to another position
and for least a thing (i think is impossible): make the long titles of panels sticking/sliding to read the whole text in it (e.g. in the calendar panel you could read only the first part of the appointment infos, if u get it orrizontal sliding you could read it all like the music info panels) but for me this is impossible

so now i haven't a device to test it, but i like, nice job! thanks to sharing

ot
are you still living in the dark age of Windows Mobile Standard? i wish that times return for me
i miss my old winmo NONtouch... actually i hate to have to tap with my finger on these little display (e.g. i was texting on my htc wings 50sms/hour , now my frineds joke me cuz it seem that i cannot write in a correct italian language...)
non touchscreen are the best phones imo but actually they are lost in the old technologies limbo... and i doubt thay could come out again...

Thanks for the compliments!

I'm working on adding a titanium slider right now to see how it looks, but I designed it to not require a slider. Text on the currently selected panel is white and text on unselected panels is transparent.

I'm still trying to figure out what (if anything) I'm going to do with the page counter.

As for the long titles extending off the page... well that was sort of the goal. It was inspired by the Zune HD and Windows Phone 7 interface. 99% of the time it shows enough text for you to understand, and in the rare case you do need to see more you can always click it. I think horizontal scrolling/sliding for long text would be really cool, but I have no idea (yet) how to make that happen. If anyone know a way to do this, let me know.
28th May 2010, 09:30 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 30

477 posts
More
Thumbs up
i see...
the orizzontal sliding for the title is a "higher sky" and personally the cropped title text is cool
and i love the zunehd inspi.
apps and web apps panels are fantastic
(a suggestion, for the counterpage maybe you could remove the numbers and left only the arrows, white for the next page, transparent if no page avalaible)
all my compliments
2nd June 2010, 03:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Developer

3,906 posts
More
I created a version with a slider. If any smartphone users make it in here and would like me to post it just let me know.
22nd June 2010, 09:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
Hi gtg456x. I got a new touch phone recently because my contract for the BJ2 was up. I've always loved the performance of Sliding panel plugin, and I can't wait to try this theme. It looks uncluttered, so I think I can finally put some wallpapers that didn't used to work on the standard icon-filled theme. Thanks for sharing and for reviving my interest in the BJ2 phone
29th June 2010, 05:55 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
this is an awesome theme....it's too bad that I don't know how to apply anything that isn't a .cab file!
2nd July 2010, 03:15 AM   |  #8  

1 posts
I know your probably thinking I'm stupid, but I have no idea of how to install this theme onto my blackjack 2. It looks so great, and I would really like to use it on a daily basis. Please Help!!!
5th July 2010, 02:27 AM   |  #9  
Flag Gomez Palacio

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanboone

I know your probably thinking I'm stupid, but I have no idea of how to install this theme onto my blackjack 2. It looks so great, and I would really like to use it on a daily basis. Please Help!!!

+1
I have install before the titanium panels?
10th July 2010, 12:20 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 12

97 posts
More
With a black background and this theme is terrific. Almost Zune-esque. Thanks! Here's a screen

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread