Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,551 Members 37,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App][2011-10-04] mVu Mobile Viewer - 1.0.12.8

Tip us?
 
bik2000
Old
#501  
bik2000's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 232
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default New Version - mVu - 1.0.3.0

A new version (1.0.3.0) has just been posted. This version includes the following:
  • Added automatic update check
  • Possible fix for "There was no XML start tag" error
  • An uncompressed version of the CAB file is now available

You can download the latest version from http://bik2000.appspot.com.

-- bik2000
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bik2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
m0nkeyman
Old
#502  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 323
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Still can't get your wonderful app working on 3g mate. I have noticed it's only the adult sites that don't work. Still find it strange that the the old version works fine but none of the new ones do. All I can think is O2 R blocking it cos the the new versions work fine on WiFi. It's just 3G.
 
bik2000
Old
#503  
bik2000's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 232
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkeyman View Post
Still can't get your wonderful app working on 3g mate. I have noticed it's only the adult sites that don't work. Still find it strange that the the old version works fine but none of the new ones do. All I can think is O2 R blocking it cos the the new versions work fine on WiFi. It's just 3G.
Can you browse to those sites using a web browser over 3g? If so, there is one thing I could try related to the proxy server that I changed in the newer versions. I could make a specific version that undoes that change for you to test out.

Anyone else having problems with 3g?

-- bik2000
 
dddunga
Old
#504  
dddunga's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000 View Post
I still have compression on. I'll try to post an uncompressed version soon for you to try out.
Thank you, I was now able to install with the uncompressed CAB file.
However, when I attempt to run the app I get this message:

NotSupportedException

And clicking OK doesn't clear it, so I have to do a soft reset.
 
bik2000
Old
#505  
bik2000's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 232
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddunga View Post
Thank you, I was now able to install with the uncompressed CAB file.
However, when I attempt to run the app I get this message:

NotSupportedException

And clicking OK doesn't clear it, so I have to do a soft reset.
Is it a Windows Mobile 2003 device? I don't have one to test on, but I'll try running it through the 2003 emulator and see if I can figure out what it doesn't like.

-- bik2000
 
bik2000
Old
#506  
bik2000's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 232
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Pocket PC 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000 View Post
Is it a Windows Mobile 2003 device? I don't have one to test on, but I'll try running it through the 2003 emulator and see if I can figure out what it doesn't like.

-- bik2000
Try this version. There were some Webbrowser control functions that were not supported in 2003. I fixed it up and tried it in the emulator and it seems okay.

Future versions should continue to work with 2003. I'll just need to remember to post an uncompressed version each time.

-- bik2000
Attached Files
File Type: cab mVu.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (648.8 KB, 46 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to bik2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
m0nkeyman
Old
#507  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 323
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000 View Post
Can you browse to those sites using a web browser over 3g? If so, there is one thing I could try related to the proxy server that I changed in the newer versions. I could make a specific version that undoes that change for you to test out.

Anyone else having problems with 3g?

-- bik2000
Have just checked on opera and IE and adult sites R working fine with 3G. If you think it may work I'm up for trying out the cab.
 
dddunga
Old
#508  
dddunga's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000 View Post
Try this version. There were some Webbrowser control functions that were not supported in 2003. I fixed it up and tried it in the emulator and it seems okay.

Future versions should continue to work with 2003. I'll just need to remember to post an uncompressed version each time.

-- bik2000
Yes, it works perfectly now!

Thanks a lot.
 
gapcio78
Old
#509  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000 View Post
A new version (1.0.3.0) has just been posted. This version includes the following:
  • Added automatic update check
  • Possible fix for "There was no XML start tag" error
  • An uncompressed version of the CAB file is now available

-- bik2000
Unfortunately there is still message error : "There was no XML start tag"
 
bik2000
Old
#510  
bik2000's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 232
Join Date: Mar 2009
I never really mentioned it with the last few versions, but if you are wondering where the adult sites went, make sure you take a look at the Options window (Menu -> Options). Those sites are hidden by default now.

I assume most people figured that out since I haven't heard many complaints, but I figured I'd post it here just in case.

-- bik2000

Tags
stream, tcpmp, tube8, wvd, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes