Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant text or make calls even with signal bars.........

Tip us?

na_rsx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Cant text or make calls even with signal bars.........

yup, i need to reboot in order to be able to do so. its weird, at first it happened once in a while, now it happens a lot. does anyone have this issue?

talentedtenth
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This actually happend to me a couple moments ago but I have no idea how/why it happened.

mutantblack
Old
Thanks Meter 709
Default Re: Cant text or make calls even with signal bars.........

This happened to me yesterday multiple times. I even formatted the phone twice just to make sure none off the apps are causing the problem. Today the phone is working as it should be.weird...

Mutantblack
Current:
Note 3 White+Gear
S4 White

Old Toys:
Nokia 520, Samsung Note 2, S3 Red, iPhone 5,Galaxy Note, iPhone 4, Samsung Infuse 4g, HTC Inspire 4g,
HD2, Nexus One, HTC Tilt 2, HTC Fuze, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, Samsung Blackjack 2, AT&T 8925 Tilt,
Samsung Blackjack, Cingular 8525, G1, Sony Ericsson P900, Samsung E250, Motorola Razor,
Motorola Flip, Nokia 8850

JHaste
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I have had this before...

however my biggest baffle is how i have 4 bars of 3g yet my freaking internet/data doesnt work sometimes... the up and down arrows just stare back at me blank as a sheet of paper

na_rsx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
is this a defect with the phone, i got mines in the first week it was released, so i am sure it was one of the first batch, we all know the first batches are iffy. i find myself doing it everyday mostly, i emailed HTC and they said to do a full reset on the phone, and if that does not work, to send it in for warranty, but if its not covered under warranty i need to pay. this sucks, it shouldnt give me this much problems.

deprecate
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Happens to me from time to time (once every week or two). I simply enable airplane mode, wait a moment and then disable it. Suddenly my phone is acting as it should.

I simply blame AT&T which makes me feel better