[DEV] r/w access to /system [SuperCID]

Search This thread

alpinux

Feb 6, 2008
Hi folks!

My desire should arrive within a week or so. The past days i tried to collect as much data about getting full root-access with r/w access to /system.
We probably need a modified SSPL and a HardSPL. So far i've tried to contact cmonex, gauner1986 and haykuro to help us here.

So there is the first question to you (desire owners): Do we have jtag on the desire? Haykuro asked me; jtag is required otherwise testing is impossible.
Haykuro said:
you guys got jtag on it? If not it'd be brick heaven as we work on that

UPDATE 1:
We found one device with r/w-access to /system, but we don't know where the security flag is set, so we can't set it to "normal" phones.
Adam235 is currently analyzing the dumped files.

UPDATE 2:
ahmgsk provided his recovery. Playtime.
http://www.multiupload.com/XTRBWD6ML2

Update 3:
Nand was unlocked for the EVO 4G. Maybe this helps us.

Update 4:
New root method, which should work with any new 2.1 HTC Phone, but we still don't have full write access to /system:
http://forum.androidspin.com/showthread.php?p=13939#post13939

Last edited:

sruon

May 17, 2010
Well first off, good luck.

Don't we need schematics to know that or at the very least to rip apart the Desire to access motherboard and possibly find JTAG pins ?

Any less barbaric way? :<

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Judging by the usb bricking showing the phones as qualcomm devices, and further by the mention of some Qualcomm development/debug tools mentioned on XDA, i'd say if anything, the JTAG connection is obtained via the USB port, and is activated by somehow switching the device to the debug mode.

shawe_ewahs

Jun 20, 2009
Judging by the usb bricking showing the phones as qualcomm devices, and further by the mention of some Qualcomm development/debug tools mentioned on XDA, i'd say if anything, the JTAG connection is obtained via the USB port, and is activated by somehow switching the device to the debug mode.

It think also that this can be a possibility

alpinux

Feb 6, 2008
Thanks for the input so far.

Over at modaco someone got a phone with full r/w access to system.

Anyone got an idea which addresses we need to dump the spl with pmemdump?

dread123

Jun 29, 2005
brilliant news..would be good if info could be found as and when its happening-is ther an Irc channel floating about where announcements and info is shared?