Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any Pandora users running Froyo

Tip us?

mempf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Question Any Pandora users running Froyo

I have noticed that when I use Pandora on Froyo the audio quality is significantly worse than it was on stock 2.1 or cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1.

I am aware of the High and Normal settings in the preferences however it does not help.

Under 2.1 (stock and cyan) Normal would sound alright and High would sound fantastic.

Under 2.2 (froyo) High sounds bad and normal is horrible.

Has anyone else noticed the sound quality drop in pandora moving to Froyo?

This is independent of the song being streamed and is very noticeable when using good headphones.

JonInAtl
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Are you using the stock 2.2 kernel or one with the audioboost patch?

mempf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I have tried using multiple kernels including stock, cyan 2.6.34 and ravens avs 2.6.33.4 kernels. Does not effect the problem at all.

NismoDrift240
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Any Pandora users running Froyo

I'm running Paul's pre-root (including 4.06 radio and kernel that came with it) and sounds great to me, same as before (CM 5.0.6+oc/uv+audio mod+desire cam). In fact I'm not sure if I've reset it to stay on High with 3g yet since I updated. (Tmo USA N1 if it makes a difference ).

Wish I could give helpful input other than its possible. I know I wiped everything I could and flashed it over CM.
Tablet Sudoku and Tablet Sudoku Free (Market Links)
Play everyone's favorite Japanese number game on your Honeycomb Tablet!
www.JayemkoLabs.com

pokey9000
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Running Paul's root with IntersectRaven's .34 kernel and Pandora sounds as good as it did with his kernel on CM5.0.6.

ATnTdude
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Haven't noticed a difference.
Current Device: LG Nexus 4
Former Devicess: Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, HTC Nexus One, HTC Fuze, Nokia E71, HTC Tilt, Blackberry Pearl 8100, Motorola Q9h, RAZR V3xx, KRZR K1, & RAZR V3c, Palm Centro GSM, Samsung BlackJack.

Former AT&T employee. They suck. You have no idea how much they suck. In fact, I should probably change my s/n, since I haven't even used them in 3 years.

rydr1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey9000 View Post
Running Paul's root with IntersectRaven's .34 kernel and Pandora sounds as good as it did with his kernel on CM5.0.6.
same here.

mempf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Hmmm, I will look into this more and report back if I find anything.
Thanks for the help guys.

elmejor183
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I as well noticed this problem, tried resting/full wipe, restarting, toggling settings to no results. Terrible audio quality even in high. Other sounds are not affected it seems. Running kernel that the update brought.
N4
If I don't respond to a thread, You can send me a PM.
"C'est la vie!"

audiobastard
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Am I the only that has actually plugged the phone into an fm transmitter to use with my car stereo? Of course i am, you kids all have your bluetooth radios and your xms and syriusnessess. When using Pandora, the bass is much much louder in froyo than it was in all previous roms. Kernel with modded sound or not, the bass is big. So, yes, the sound is very different from what it used to be. Mids are too high and highs are meh... nonexistent. It doesn't sound bad on the phone or through earbuds, but unless you like rap, you probably won't like the sound coming through your car. But, I don't think that's anything some decent equilizer software can't fix. Personally, I think the sound is an improvement despite the focus on the lower end of the spectrum. In previous versions, it was to light and airy with no lowend.
Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3
Rom: STOCK
GALAXY NOTE 10.1

"...she just wouldn't shut up long enough for me to listen!" (meltrex 2008).

"I prefer to wear the dirt of the present, not the past." H.G. Wells

Tags
froyo, pandora, quality, sound