Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] LG Socialite (Friendstream alternative..) [Updated:5/30]

OP .mak

30th May 2010, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

511 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm starting this thread so people can keep track of my progress in rebuilding this for the Eris (or any other HVGA Android device, for that matter..), and also as a source for the download, once I have it closer to done.

That said, here's the original proof of concept (running on my Eris w/ ZenEXP-Eris Rev7);

That was about an hour ago, I've come a long way in that hour and will update before I go to bed tonight with my progress. So far, I've got the thumbnails shrunk down about 50%, there are now two updates shown in the main view (possibly 3 by the time I'm done, not sure yet) and much more.

This was planned to be done tonight before I logged off, and what I have together now could easily be used but I've decided to put a little more heart into it as it's polishing up very nicely, so stay tuned for the final release (soon!). This project won't take long to complete, but I do ask that anyone interested in this please be patient for the time being.. I'm only human and it's getting late so I will need to sleep eventually

-mak

UPDATE:

Ok, here is where I'm at now;

I've got more to iron out, though! More than I originally thought, in fact.. the biggest of which is a bad gateway causing Facebook to not allow status updates (I'm pretty sure this is the result of yanking this from another build..).

For now, the widget works great other than the above, but the app needs updating. I'll hopefully get something out tomorrow or the next day

UPDATE [06/04/2010]:

On account of me sending my Eris back to Verizon in exchange for a Moto Droid under warranty, I no longer have a device appropriate for working on this modification, but I will make an attempt at it with emulator. For now, I'm releasing my "source" files for others to work with to better the project from here on out

Here is the "source" files (not actually source files, just decompiled apk files) (MD5: 2082711287C469AA361F14E64FA2B7D4)

Here is the apk with a working widget (less facebook, someone needs to figure out the SNG Server error. The error appears on the Droid as well) (MD5: 93E9C7F1C3B635E375DD4428D76F2F17)
Last edited by .mak; 4th June 2010 at 11:40 PM.
30th May 2010, 05:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag middle of nowhere, oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .mak

I'm starting this thread so people can keep track of my progress in rebuilding this for the Eris (or any other HVGA Android device, for that matter..), and also as a source for the download, once I have it closer to done.

That said, here's the original proof of concept (running on my Eris w/ ZenEXP-Eris Rev7);

That was about an hour ago, I've come a long way in that hour and will update before I go to bed tonight with my progress. So far, I've got the thumbnails shrunk down about 50%, there are now two updates shown in the main view (possibly 3 by the time I'm done, not sure yet) and much more.

This was planned to be done tonight before I logged off, and what I have together now could easily be used but I've decided to put a little more heart into it as it's polishing up very nicely, so stay tuned for the final release (soon!). This project won't take long to complete, but I do ask that anyone interested in this please be patient for the time being.. I'm only human and it's getting late so I will need to sleep eventually

-mak

wow can't wait!! Will try as soon as you get it up and running.
30th May 2010, 06:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 5

223 posts
More
Photoshop

no I'm kidding, nice work mak!!
30th May 2010, 07:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

53 posts
pretty cool. is that a scrollable widget?
30th May 2010, 07:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtouch

pretty cool. is that a scrollable widget?

Nah, it has buttons at the bottom to go up and down.. but I've improved it to where there are 3 posts on each page.
30th May 2010, 08:27 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated!

Will finish up the widget tomorrow and, hopefully, get facebook working. Right now it "Cannot connect to SNG server" and ddms/logcat say "Bad Gateway". I'm open to suggestion on this one

-mak
30th May 2010, 08:40 AM   |  #7  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 50

892 posts
More
No Ironman? just kidding mak keep up the good work!
30th May 2010, 11:56 AM   |  #8  
Flag Northern Michigan
Thanks Meter: 162

412 posts
More
Liking and looking good.
30th May 2010, 03:43 PM   |  #9  
Flag Richmond VA
Thanks Meter: 5

90 posts
More
Re: [APP] LG Socialite (Friendstream alternative..) [Updated:5/30]
It looks good! Can't wait to see this in action!

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
30th May 2010, 05:34 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 36

446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .mak

Updated!

Will finish up the widget tomorrow and, hopefully, get facebook working. Right now it "Cannot connect to SNG server" and ddms/logcat say "Bad Gateway". I'm open to suggestion on this one

-mak

Maybe there are some other files that need to be transferred over from the ally

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread