That said, here's the original proof of concept (running on my Eris w/ ZenEXP-Eris Rev7);
That was about an hour ago, I've come a long way in that hour and will update before I go to bed tonight with my progress. So far, I've got the thumbnails shrunk down about 50%, there are now two updates shown in the main view (possibly 3 by the time I'm done, not sure yet) and much more.
This was planned to be done tonight before I logged off, and what I have together now could easily be used but I've decided to put a little more heart into it as it's polishing up very nicely, so stay tuned for the final release (soon!). This project won't take long to complete, but I do ask that anyone interested in this please be patient for the time being.. I'm only human and it's getting late so I will need to sleep eventually
Ok, here is where I'm at now;
I've got more to iron out, though! More than I originally thought, in fact.. the biggest of which is a bad gateway causing Facebook to not allow status updates (I'm pretty sure this is the result of yanking this from another build..).
For now, the widget works great other than the above, but the app needs updating. I'll hopefully get something out tomorrow or the next day
On account of me sending my Eris back to Verizon in exchange for a Moto Droid under warranty, I no longer have a device appropriate for working on this modification, but I will make an attempt at it with emulator. For now, I'm releasing my "source" files for others to work with to better the project from here on out
Here is the "source" files (not actually source files, just decompiled apk files) (MD5: 2082711287C469AA361F14E64FA2B7D4)
Here is the apk with a working widget (less facebook, someone needs to figure out the SNG Server error. The error appears on the Droid as well) (MD5: 93E9C7F1C3B635E375DD4428D76F2F17)