Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for HTC Desire accessory suggestions

Tip us?

raynerape
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default Looking for HTC Desire accessory suggestions

Hi all,
With so much discussed already about HTC Desire, can you help me out with suggestions about getting the best (money not an issue) accessories for my new and shiny device. Let's make this topic not just a answer but also a showcase of what's best for this device.

* What is the best hard duty protective case for HTC Desire?

* What is the best screen protector for HTC Desire? I've tried using screen protectors in the past but they were always hard to put on and had bubbles, what is the best and easiest to put on protector out there?

* What is the best dock station and is there an inductive (wireless) charger that supports HTC Desire?

* What is your favourite and most functional bluetooth headsets, fully supporting HTC Desire? I am eyeing Nokia BH-905 as an insanely long-living and powerful headset. Is it fully operating under Android/HTC Desire?

A|ex
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You really need to read the threads on the forum as there has been plenty of discussion about this and a lot of it is down to personal opinion.

I lost so many cases but at the moment i am using the official HTC Desire slip case, this is not a heavy duty case as such as you need to take the phone out and once its out its exposed
* What is the best screen protector for HTC Desire? I've tried using screen protectors in the past but they were always hard to put on and had bubbles, what is the best and easiest to put on protector out there?
Not sure what the best is but i use the official HTC one which does the trick, 5 for two on play.com
* What is the best dock station and is there an inductive (wireless) charger that supports HTC Desire?
no inductive but i use the dock station from expansys
* What is your favourite and most functional bluetooth headsets, fully supporting HTC Desire? I am eyeing Nokia BH-905 as an insanely long-living and powerful headset. Is it fully operating under Android/HTC Desire?

i use the MW600 but i also have two jabber headsets that work perfectly. The newer bluetooth headsets with music player displays will not work right until android supports (or there is a driver installed) to support the tags.

TBH all non bt devices that are not music related will work just fine with the headset as they will all use the bt standard.
EU regulation (1999/44/CE) Does not save you if you have a Samsung or HTC

@MARK
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynerape View Post

On previous phones I have used the PDair aluminium cases which are amazing.

Indeed when I just sold my last phone on eBay that had lived in one of these for over a year of daily heavy use, the buyer could not believe how good the condition of the phone was.

The down side.

You are wrapping your phone in metal so signal strength does take a slight hit. It also adds bulk to the phone.

But if you want full on protection, nothing else comes close.