XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Netflix

Tip us?

widjit
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Netflix

Anyone know of possible streaming of netflix to the EVO? Would definitely make this the best device ever...
gqstatus0685 Old
(Last edited by gqstatus0685; 31st May 2010 at 07:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter
I work for AT&T Business and I was on a call with a senior director (I googled his name)of Netflix Inc and he told me that the iPhone and Android platforms will get a Netflix app this summer.

pinkxpinkii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Its coming soon.

HTC EVO!
PNY 8GB Class 4 MicroSDHC
Latest Radio
Latest Flipz Fresh Mod 0.3
Amon_Ra Recovery Image

From G1, Wing, Sidekick 2, MDA, and some other phones.

srtpusher
Old
Thanks Meter 11
that will effing rule!

weedahoe
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Yeah, thats whats Ive read also about it coming soon and thats going to be bad azz. I can watch it at work or at home on the 50"

mrono
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Yeah, thats whats Ive read also about it coming soon and thats going to be bad azz. I can watch it at work or at home on the 50"
I would be so happy if I could get netflix, and if it went to HD when i was on wifi or 4g, and if it could output through the HDMI
Sprint Evo 4G(Rooted)

Evo Links - NAND Root - 2.2 Root - (un)Root - Recovery - Roms - Radio - NexTANG Theme

widjit
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Netflix is still looking for a "Androd Video playback Expert," But this isnt the first Android job posting on Netflix's site.

weedahoe
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrono View Post
I would be so happy if I could get netflix, and if it went to HD when i was on wifi or 4g, and if it could output through the HDMI
Exactly. See we used to have cable for our HDTV and internet at home but after out contract went up they rate jacked us so we cut it off. I only watch two channels on the TV anyway and we use my current 6800 with PDAnet on the laptop so it was no big deal. My wife likes to watch movies so we rent from the Redbox and Blockbuster vending machines for $1

But with Netflix and us both having Evo's we can stream whatever we want to our phone and HDMI it out to our HDTV.

Tags
android, htc evo 4g, netflix, streaming video