Moving from touchpro (wimo) to Evo... android questions
So I have been on a touch pro for the last 2 years. Started with 6.1 and eventually put other roms on it, so moved to 6.5 and used mobile shell. Looking forward to the evo, and dumping wimo all together... but I have a few questions that maybe you guys can guide me. Even though I am REALLY tired of the buggy laggy wimo, it still has a few things I hope not to loose.
- Voice command... I know android can do voice search, but can I launch apps, call contacts, etc, with a voice command?
- syncing.... I know syncing is happening more on the cloud level now. And maybe I should embrace that. But I would still like to sync with m laptop. Personally I would love to dropkick outlook and just sync with thunderbird... is my best bet to sync with gmail on both sides, or is there a direct syncing that can be done between thunderbird and android.
- what if I zap my phone or something happens? Do I loose all my apps? I am used to downloading apps on the sd card or my computer and installing it there... the whole idea of an app store is a bit odd to me.
- I can tether now on my phone for free... will I still be able to on the Evo?
Now some Evo specific questions...
- So it seems like 4G is very similar to wifi... something like a long range wifi... hence the term wimax. Does turning on 4G drain your resources in the same way that leaving wifi on does?
- what is the actual range of wimax tower?
- my touch pro has a mini usb port... what sort port does the Evo have? Is it micro?