[SSPL][DFT] HowTo flash custom OS
DarkForcesTeam SSPL for HTC Photon (Mini)
SSPL allows you to flash custom [not-signed] OS or/and ignore CID check.
How safe is it?
We disabled SPL and Radio flashing, so it can only flash Splashes and OS images.
(To all hackers out there... donít enable it! else you will BRICK your device)
Worst case is that you destroy your OS partition, in that case you must flash a ship ROM using the original SPL (Vol down on boot run ruu from PC )
We did our best to make it save, else we would not release it for public testing, but anyway, all on your own risk!
How to use it:
- Download the SSPL_RUU.exe and put it into an empty folder
- Add the RUU_signed.nbh that you want to flash to your device into the same folder
- Connect the device to the PC, device must be running WM, not show the 3 color screen
- Run SSPL_RUU.exe
- If you donít see USB at the bottom of the device screen and the ruu showed a connection error, disconnect the device and connect it again... USB should be there now.
Then just run the SSPL_RUU.exe again, flashing will start now
- If the flashing breaks before 100%, stay cool! ... Reset the device and go to Boot loader, then flash a ship rom to the device (Must be the right rom, with the right CID)
Donít forget to report that it happened... after you flashed the original ROM back, you can try again.
- It is possible, that sometimes the screen stays black for 15sec or more before the SSPL 3 color screen shows, if it takes too long, do reset and try again and please report that!!!!
- "Your OS ROM isn't customized for your hardware. Please reflash the proper ROM code or contact the service center", !!! Problem NOT related to this SSPL !!! ... this means that you flashed a region protected rom... flash back to a ship ROM for your device and stick to ROMs with your region ID... or patch them
(You might have to remove the battery after flashing back, else it might not boot up)
This product is free to use, but at your own risk. We take no
responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.
We have tested our product on several devices and have not
found any problems with it.
What about HSPL? HSPL will be soon
DFT team 2010.