SOLVED - changing your android market to a different country

Search This thread

dpkform

Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

This works on my Bell Vogue, with Myn Warn Donut RLS5 on nand, to access Canada only apps such as the TD Bank app.

Get the application "market enabler" from here. I went to one of the linked download sites the author uploaded the app to.

Look up your 6 digit network code from this long list and enter it into the market enabler custom field.

Voila !

----------------------------------------------------

I am running Myn's warm donut on my Vogue here in Canada on the Bell Mobility network.

I wanted to install thhttp://code.google.com/p/market-enabler TD bank app, which is only available through the Canadian android market. I'm guessing because my ROM is based on a US carrier's ROM that I am accessing the USA android market. I can not find the TD bank app.

I tried the locale settings but English-Canada is not even an option.

I assume this issue is not limited to warm donut.

Is there a way I can get my phone to access the Canadian android market?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

deacfire

May 25, 2009
St. John's, NL
the TD Bank App isn't available yet! It was on the marketplace a few days ago but it was only for a short time as it was released accidentally. I am on Bell and I saw the app using Myn's Warm Donut rom so when it is actually released you should be able to get it!

There is actually a news piece over at MobileSyrup about the TD bank app that talks about the release!

Reactions: RootNightmareX

dpkform

Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
the TD Bank App isn't available yet! It was on the marketplace a few days ago but it was only for a short time as it was released accidentally. I am on Bell and I saw the app using Myn's Warm Donut rom so when it is actually released you should be able to get it!

There is actually a news piece over at MobileSyrup about the TD bank app that talks about the release!

I did read several articles on it including that one. My understanding is that the app IS available now, even TD's website claims it is. What the articles said was that TD in error released their app to the global android market. When they realised this, they quickly withdrew it from the global market, and made it available only on the Canadian android market.

That is why several non-Canadian sites became aware of it, and likely how you briefly saw it using your Myn's warm donut ROM, until it was quickly withdrawn from the global market.

Here's the scoop from androidspin. com

The mystery of the vanishing app has been solved. To refresh, yesterday’s market-fresh apps post included a pretty nice looking app for TD Bank of Canada. An astute reader pointed out the app was now missing, so I put detective Matthew Cram of corporate and public affairs of TD Bank on the case. His answer is elementary:
The TD mobile app for Android is only available via the Canadian Android Market. There was a brief (one hour) window last week where our Android mobile app was mistakenly made available globally. I assume that’s when you saw it?
We hope to have a U.S. version of the TD mobile app for Android ready by late summer.
Cheers,
Matthew Cram
Corporate & Public Affairs
TD Bank Financial Group
So anyone north of the border should still be able to find the TD app in their market, and it looks like us Americans will have a TD app of our own in a few months. Case closed!

dpkform

Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
installed the warm espresso theme and then a lot more regions were available in local settings !?

selected english canada, but still the us market
rebooted - still the us market - no td bank app

(I am in Canada on Bell)

anyone know how to change app market country?

blackrook

Mar 13, 2008
Looking forward to this being figured out. I have myn's warm donut rls 5, wish i could get that TD app.

Silvershadow8

Sep 6, 2011
I'm in a closed circle

I want to download rom manager which is not available in the market of my devices country, the enabler needs rooting (I'm not sure if it will work with HtC desire hd android 2.3) and rooting needs visionary+ and it's not working on this Os version..it's like endless thread...anyone has an idea?

Thanks!

fitz20047

Dec 7, 2007
Changing you country in the root code

Does anyone know how to do this, i'm trying to use the Market Enabler but it is not working. my code is listed as china and i,m in the US HELP please.

jeffratliff

Dec 24, 2011
Thanks for this advice, but the linked-to list doesn't show 6-digit codes. I see a 3-digit MMC and a 2-digit MNC. What 6-digit code are you referring to here?
Thanks

lacakid

Mar 5, 2008
OK I am confused, I have an HTC My Touch Slide running 2.2.1 (T-Mobile) I am using it here in the Philippines I wanted to get my banking software off the Marketplace, just rooted the phone, can now run 2 different Market Enablers, both work... I change the location, now I see everything in the Marketplace in US dollars HOWEVER the software is still unavailable because I am not in the US, how do I fix this? :) :) :) I much appreciate the help!

shamshom

May 12, 2013
simple

IS there a way to do this without rooting? thanks.

yes simple download a VPN app such as Hotspot shield VPN1 click or any other activate it , long press your play store app then app info clear all data and then access the play store and its done just make sure you changed your IP first through the VPN app

danachiroae

Aug 3, 2013
We got a problem Hustom

Hi team,

I have a Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Romanian SIM card, operator Orange.
Device is not rooted.

I Launch Market Enabler > Set Custom tab > and input the MNC and MCC for Italy, operator TIM (22201) > Set to this values

If I go to Settings List tab > long press [it]TIM > select fake this provider now, it is still showing "we got a problem Houston"

I tried with original SIM card in and out of the phone, and different combinations.
Why is it now working? what am I missing? (brains, i know.)

Thank you in advance,
Dan

codenamezero

Apr 28, 2011
Hi team,

I have a Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Romanian SIM card, operator Orange.
Device is not rooted.

I Launch Market Enabler > Set Custom tab > and input the MNC and MCC for Italy, operator TIM (22201) > Set to this values

If I go to Settings List tab > long press [it]TIM > select fake this provider now, it is still showing "we got a problem Houston"

I tried with original SIM card in and out of the phone, and different combinations.
Why is it now working? what am I missing? (brains, i know.)

Thank you in advance,
Dan

This app doesn't work anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.