Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 44,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint 2.27.651.6 OTA -DO NOT INSTALL

Tip us?

nfinitefx45
Old
(Last edited by nfinitefx45; 4th June 2010 at 06:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Default Sprint 2.27.651.6 OTA -DO NOT INSTALL

Now After weeks of hard work regaw finally rooted the Official 2.27.651.5 ruu update yesterday Intrustions HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95&postcount=1

Well it seems sprint is hard at work to patch the exploit to regain root. They are pushing 2.27.651.6 OTA (over the air) update today. do not download or install untill it has been verified safe, it is beleived to be a patch to fix the root exploit.
This is just a friendly warning.
UDATED INFO-----------------
Pleased Do not get the RUU from either sprint or htc as this has been updated to the new version, if you do you will most likely lose root
Android info on rom
ModelID: HERO20000
CIDNUM: SPCS_001
MainVer: 2.27.651.6
it is still listed as 2.27.651.5

Kcarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfinitefx45 View Post
Now After weeks of hard work regaw finally rooted the Official 2.27.651.5 ruu update yesterday Intrustions HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95&postcount=1

Well it seems sprint is hard at work to patch the exploit to regain root. They are pushing 2.27.651.6 OTA (over the air) update today. do not download or install untill it has been verified safe, it is beleived to be a patch to fix the root exploit.
This is just a friendly warning.
I figured this would be for EVO only to fix their SDcard issues.
-----------------
-HTC EVO LTE - Stock ATM
Google+: Karl Carpenter
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/kcarpenter5407
Twitter: @KCarpenter528

kashb91
Old
Thanks Meter 6
it is only for the EVO. only update for heros that ive heard of is the gsm heros getting updated to 2.1 and thats it.

riggsandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Just checked for firmware update, No Update Available.

Why is this posted here OP, is there something you know that this will be pushed to us Hero owners too?
| G2 - LS980 | ZVD Stock Rooted |
Toastcfh FTW

smstutler
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I did the RUU then root fix, after starting up i got notified about an update also. So hmmmm. Maybe something in the update makes the system think it's an evo.

Kcarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by smstutler View Post
I did the RUU then root fix, after starting up i got notified about an update also. So hmmmm. Maybe something in the update makes the system think it's an evo.
You need to do the optional Cert stuff at the bottom of the guide to disable OTA updates.
-----------------
-HTC EVO LTE - Stock ATM
Google+: Karl Carpenter
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/kcarpenter5407
Twitter: @KCarpenter528

nfinitefx45
Old
(Last edited by nfinitefx45; 4th June 2010 at 03:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 724

DONATE TO ME
Well there are reports that Sprint HERO customers have recieve a notification of an update. So I figure better safe then sorry to atleast post the info....
Besides I'd rather be wrong on this then to not post anything and have people updating to find out it was true.
If they want to remove my post then that is fine. Also I posted this hear for any new hero owners that may have just started exploring the options to root there Hero's
Have a great day, and hopefully I am wrong about the update.

CodeMonk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The sprint community forums has confirmed that there is an update available directly from HTC. There are posts at various android forums that is confirming an EVO update this morning to fix the sdcard issue also patches the root exploit. Most people are saying that this OTA update for the Hero patches root as well.

railstop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can confirm that there is an update for the HERO today also, "System Upgrade 2.27.651.6 (3.17 MB)" has come up on my HERO

kashb91
Old
Thanks Meter 6
ok, well that proves me wrong. sorry about that. in any case, does anybody know what the update does?