Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sprint 2.27.651.6 OTA -DO NOT INSTALL

OP nfinitefx45

4th June 2010, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Abingdon, MD.
Thanks Meter: 724

1,649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Now After weeks of hard work regaw finally rooted the Official 2.27.651.5 ruu update yesterday Intrustions HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95&postcount=1

Well it seems sprint is hard at work to patch the exploit to regain root. They are pushing 2.27.651.6 OTA (over the air) update today. do not download or install untill it has been verified safe, it is beleived to be a patch to fix the root exploit.
This is just a friendly warning.
UDATED INFO-----------------
Pleased Do not get the RUU from either sprint or htc as this has been updated to the new version, if you do you will most likely lose root
Android info on rom
ModelID: HERO20000
CIDNUM: SPCS_001
MainVer: 2.27.651.6
it is still listed as 2.27.651.5
Last edited by nfinitefx45; 4th June 2010 at 07:47 PM.
4th June 2010, 03:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 146

3,343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfinitefx45

Now After weeks of hard work regaw finally rooted the Official 2.27.651.5 ruu update yesterday Intrustions HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95&postcount=1

Well it seems sprint is hard at work to patch the exploit to regain root. They are pushing 2.27.651.6 OTA (over the air) update today. do not download or install untill it has been verified safe, it is beleived to be a patch to fix the root exploit.
This is just a friendly warning.

I figured this would be for EVO only to fix their SDcard issues.
4th June 2010, 03:48 PM   |  #3  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 6

273 posts
More
it is only for the EVO. only update for heros that ive heard of is the gsm heros getting updated to 2.1 and thats it.
4th June 2010, 03:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 360

1,439 posts
More
Just checked for firmware update, No Update Available.

Why is this posted here OP, is there something you know that this will be pushed to us Hero owners too?
4th June 2010, 03:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Marion Iowa
Thanks Meter: 12

476 posts
More
I did the RUU then root fix, after starting up i got notified about an update also. So hmmmm. Maybe something in the update makes the system think it's an evo.
4th June 2010, 04:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 146

3,343 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smstutler

I did the RUU then root fix, after starting up i got notified about an update also. So hmmmm. Maybe something in the update makes the system think it's an evo.

You need to do the optional Cert stuff at the bottom of the guide to disable OTA updates.
4th June 2010, 04:06 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Abingdon, MD.
Thanks Meter: 724

1,649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well there are reports that Sprint HERO customers have recieve a notification of an update. So I figure better safe then sorry to atleast post the info....
Besides I'd rather be wrong on this then to not post anything and have people updating to find out it was true.
If they want to remove my post then that is fine. Also I posted this hear for any new hero owners that may have just started exploring the options to root there Hero's
Have a great day, and hopefully I am wrong about the update.
Last edited by nfinitefx45; 4th June 2010 at 04:12 PM.
4th June 2010, 04:41 PM   |  #8  
Port Huron, MI
Thanks Meter: 0

83 posts
More
The sprint community forums has confirmed that there is an update available directly from HTC. There are posts at various android forums that is confirming an EVO update this morning to fix the sdcard issue also patches the root exploit. Most people are saying that this OTA update for the Hero patches root as well.
4th June 2010, 04:48 PM   |  #9  
Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I can confirm that there is an update for the HERO today also, "System Upgrade 2.27.651.6 (3.17 MB)" has come up on my HERO
4th June 2010, 04:59 PM   |  #10  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 6

273 posts
More
ok, well that proves me wrong. sorry about that. in any case, does anybody know what the update does?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread