Sprint 2.27.651.6 OTA -DO NOT INSTALL

Search This thread

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Now After weeks of hard work regaw finally rooted the Official 2.27.651.5 ruu update yesterday Intrustions HERE http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6686395&postcount=1

Well it seems sprint is hard at work to patch the exploit to regain root. They are pushing 2.27.651.6 OTA (over the air) update today. do not download or install untill it has been verified safe, it is beleived to be a patch to fix the root exploit.
This is just a friendly warning.
UDATED INFO-----------------
Pleased Do not get the RUU from either sprint or htc as this has been updated to the new version, if you do you will most likely lose root
Android info on rom
ModelID: HERO20000
CIDNUM: SPCS_001
MainVer: 2.27.651.6
it is still listed as 2.27.651.5

Last edited:

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
Now After weeks of hard work regaw finally rooted the Official 2.27.651.5 ruu update yesterday Intrustions HERE http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6686395&postcount=1

Well it seems sprint is hard at work to patch the exploit to regain root. They are pushing 2.27.651.6 OTA (over the air) update today. do not download or install untill it has been verified safe, it is beleived to be a patch to fix the root exploit.
This is just a friendly warning.

I figured this would be for EVO only to fix their SDcard issues.

kashb91

Dec 17, 2009
Florida
it is only for the EVO. only update for heros that ive heard of is the gsm heros getting updated to 2.1 and thats it.

riggsandroid

Mar 26, 2010
Just checked for firmware update, No Update Available.

Why is this posted here OP, is there something you know that this will be pushed to us Hero owners too?

smstutler

Mar 12, 2010
Rome NY
I did the RUU then root fix, after starting up i got notified about an update also. So hmmmm. Maybe something in the update makes the system think it's an evo.

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Well there are reports that Sprint HERO customers have recieve a notification of an update. So I figure better safe then sorry to atleast post the info....
Besides I'd rather be wrong on this then to not post anything and have people updating to find out it was true.
If they want to remove my post then that is fine. Also I posted this hear for any new hero owners that may have just started exploring the options to root there Hero's
Have a great day, and hopefully I am wrong about the update.

Last edited:

CodeMonk

Mar 25, 2010
Port Huron, MI
The sprint community forums has confirmed that there is an update available directly from HTC. There are posts at various android forums that is confirming an EVO update this morning to fix the sdcard issue also patches the root exploit. Most people are saying that this OTA update for the Hero patches root as well.

CodeMonk

Mar 25, 2010
Port Huron, MI
The hero uses the same exploit as the EVO and the EVO patch today gets rid of root. Putting two and two together means that this update was probably really easy for them to push out.

Darii

Mar 16, 2010
San Angelo, TX
No official list out yet but with 3.17MB, there's gotta be more than just regaining root. I would hope anyway. There's so many other useful things they could update. :)

athanos

Apr 4, 2010
On the How to Root Sprint 2.1 Release thread, someone updated to the 2.1 RUU from Sprint website today and it put the .6 version on (or at least updated immediately) and they lost root. However, the team is trying to see if they can gain it back or at lease roll back to the .5 version.

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
I just update the info on the first page I have downloaded and extracted both from sprint and htc and it is confirmed to be the new version