[THEME] Vanilla Lockscreen NON-Transparent Background [UPDATED: 07/05/2010]
[THEME] Vanilla Lockscreen NON-Transparent Background
This has been discussed on other threads. It's simple to remove or delete the HtcLockScreen.apk to revert to the stock lock screen. The problem with most ROMs is that the stock lock screen has a transparent background and a clock. Most people do not like this because it clashes with the home screen clock. In addition, the HTC alarms do not work with the stock lockscreen.
I found a glitch in EE 2.0.1 that allowed a background and allowed you to set it with MetaMorph. I discovered after loading EE 3.0, it too had a transparent background when reverting to the stock lock screen. I did not like this at all so I set off on a mission to try and duplicate the glitch. I am happy to say I have found a solution!
EDIT: I have uploaded the new MM patch for this mod. This easy to use theme works on all ROMs (except Cyanogen based ROMs where this is not needed). The previous issue with Ivan's Official has been resolved. Fuzzy letters have been reported with the Aloysius ROMs.
1. Do a NAND backup first!!! I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone.
2. Download LockWallpaper.zip
3. If you like, change the wallpaper in the zip to your own
----- Must be a 320x480 PNG file named "create_contact.png" (all lowercase)
4. Push the zip file to your sdcard
5. Open MetaMorph and apply the theme.
Changing the wallpaper via MetaMorph:
1. Update the background in the theme by pushing a new create_contact.png file into the zip. (The file name MUST remain the same)
2. If you unzip and then re-zip make sure you do not use compression
3. Copy it back to your sd card
4. Install the theme from within MetaMorph
----- Use the 'Unzip/Extract new theme' option and tell MM to replace all the files
----- Apply the theme
5. It will more than likely reboot your phone when it is finished
6. Rinse and repeat
Thanks to jcase for the idea of removing the HTC lock screen apk file
Thanks to csstikman89 for the original lockscreen script
Thanks to everyone who tested this