Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 37,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] 4G Toggle Widget v1.2 (6/18) - w/Sense disabled + SOURCE

Tip us?

rdude
Old
(Last edited by rdude; 20th June 2010 at 10:21 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] 4G Toggle Widget v1.2 (6/18) - w/Sense disabled + SOURCE

Hey all,

Just got my EVO. I've disabled Sense because I like the regular Android interface (love my Nexus One). One thing I've noticed is that the 4G toggle widget is not available with Sense off.

Does anyone know of a 4G toggle widget for non-Sense users? If not I'll probably throw one together this weekend, but if there's already one out there I'd like to avoid the work (laziness for the win ;)

Thanks.

UPDATE (6/14): Really close to done on this. Hoping to have it released tonight or tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted.

UPDATE (6/15):
Alright, got this done and it's working! Just install the attached APK and add the widget to your home screen. If you'd like to donate or are too lazy to download an APK, I added it to the market for a 99-cent donation:

Glad to be able to give back to the community after so long. I'd just ask you to please not distribute this APK elsewhere. Thanks!

UPDATE (6/19):
For anyone who wants to reskin or modify this widget, or is just curious about how it works, I've released the source here:
http://code.google.com/p/toggle4g/

This of course means it is now open source and yours to muck with and distribute freely (within the limits of the license).

UPDATE (6/20):
There seems to be a bug where the widget may turn your 4G back on after a reboot, even if it was off when you shut down. I'm looking into it but in the meantime, just be aware that this may occur.

Changelog (last update 6/18)
- v1.2: completely redid widget icon, added toast on toggle.
- v1.1: fixed centering, widget is slightly larger now too.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.rrsllc.toggle4g.apk - [Click for QR Code] (30.4 KB, 3753 views)

chuckhriczko
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdude View Post
Hey all,

Just got my EVO. I've disabled Sense because I like the regular Android interface (love my Nexus One). One thing I've noticed is that the 4G toggle widget is not available with Sense off.

Does anyone know of a 4G toggle widget for non-Sense users? If not I'll probably throw one together this weekend, but if there's already one out there I'd like to avoid the work (laziness for the win ;)

Thanks.
I don't believe this exists at all. I've never seen one.

phinnaeus
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Did someone say mod the Power Control widget? Hmm, yes, I'm almost certain someone did.

So who knows how to make widgets?

MetroKnight
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks.
Sorry, I'm not really contributing here, but think it's ironic that you have "laziness" and "FTW" typed out!
Present:
___HTC Evo
Past:
___HTC Touch Pro with Sprint
___HTC Mogul with Sprint
___T-Mobile on Cingular 8125
___Bricked Cingular 8525 with T-Mobile on R: 1.54.07

Nitro2985
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Man I hope you can put this out soon. We NEED a 4g toggle.

xcom923
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I agree, I just activated my Evo yesterday and I love it! but like many of you I decided to ditch Sense in favor of something lighter (for battery life, and I like helix) but there isn't a 4G toggle anywhere someone help!
Rom: DamageControl 3.2.2.1
Radio:-whatever the current one is-

yeahthatsme
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Add me to the list hoping for a toggle. While I'm at it, anyone know how to get the stock dialer and calendar on the EVO? I really don't like sense.

rdude
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatsme View Post
Add me to the list hoping for a toggle. While I'm at it, anyone know how to get the stock dialer and calendar on the EVO? I really don't like sense.
Yeah, I would prefer stock dialer, calendar, and contacts as well. But unfortunately those are baked into the build so you can't just replace them. You'll have to wait for a clean ROM.

bhagiratha
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks.
How do you disable the sense interface, and can it be re-enable later on?
Xperia Z2_D6503 [White]
Stock ROM

Carrier: Straight Talk

[URL="http://inselfyoga.com/index.php/[/URL]

yeahthatsme
Old
Thanks Meter 4
bhagiratha I used androidcental's youtube step by step as I am a Android noob. I sent you the link privately, it wouldn't let me post a link in here.

Hurry up Froyo, that will solve a lot of issues for me.