Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you find the latest beta functional ?
Yes 1,063 75.18%
No 351 24.82%
Voters: 1414. You may not vote on this poll

Apk Manager 4.9 - Makes Modifying Ur Apk A Breeze (Windows/Linux)

Tip us?

HewGBalls
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
APK Manager 4.9

I'm trying to decompile option #9, Settings.apk file from a deodexed Froyo DK28 ROM. Not themed or anything. I have used the framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk from this ROM and had great success decompiling and recompiling with no errors.

When I go to option #9 to decompile Settings.apk I get the following.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Sat 02/05/2011 -- 12:24:51.61|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
java version "1.6.0_23"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)
Could Not Find C:\apk_Manager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedSettings.apk
Could Not Find C:\apk_Manager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedSettings.apk
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
W: Skipping "android" package group
I: Decoding resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\Donna\apktool\framework\1.apk
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x02070015
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x0207000e
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x0207000f
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x0106003b
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x0106003b
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x02050000
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColorHint, value=0x02050001
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x0207000f

What would I be doing wrong in this situation? I read over some of the other posts concerning Settings.apk and tried changing the Max Memory Size and also tried Option #10 and dragged my framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk in and still no luck.

Very simple mod I am trying to accomplish to the Settings.apk by "ticking" a checkbox located in one of your setting options. Default setting is a unchecked/unticked option and I want to change it to checked/ticked for the user(s).

Thanks.
Make sure there is only 1 apk file in place-apk-here-for-modding folder when decompiling.
“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

HewGBalls
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lento10 View Post
I have a question for the linux users,

All my folders created by the script seem to need root access, is this normal or did I mess up something?

thanks
Try the following steps:

1) extract apk_manager and copy it to your home directory
2) in terminal cd apk_manager_linux_4.7
2) chmod a+x Script.sh
3) ./Script.sh

Make sure you are not in sudo or su.
“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

Westi01
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Thanks mate!
When I am starting script.bat it says that ADB was not found. in which folder does it have to be placed to run correctly ?
Nexus 5 - rooted - Paranoid Android

Hidden : )

scuba_d
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default generation x 2.0 theme modification

I want to edit the /system/app/DialerTabActivity.apk file, more specifically one file inside of that after the decompile. its in the /res/values/strings.xml. I am just trying to correct some spelling in it just to see if I can do it, that way I am more confident with moding or making my own theme. Here is the log error i get but it still decompiles and then I make my changes to the xml file and compile and then sign and then install to phone through adb. it never installs on the phone is part of the problem the problem I am worried about is from the log it looks like some files will be messed up when I recompile it. Let me know your thoughts. The Dialer apk is from the title theme. Thanks for the help, here is the log.

java version "1.6.0_23"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\Extension201\Desktop\redsn0w-win_0.8\ap
k_manager_4.9\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedDia
lerTabActivity.apk
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\Extension201\Desktop\redsn0w-win_0.8\ap
k_manager_4.9\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedD
ialerTabActivity.apk
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Documents and Settings\Extension201\apkt
ool\framework\1.apk
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=
textColor, value=0x0205009a
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/tw_tab_selected_bar_left.9.png
". Renaming it to *.png.
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=
textColor, value=0x0205009a
W: Cant find 9patch chunk in file: "drawable-hdpi/tw_tab_selected_bar_right.9.pn
g". Renaming it to *.png.
color, value=0x02050097
Press any key to continue . . .

Daneshm90
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 634
please do not sign and publish app with this script

this uses testkeys google has stopped accepting them
Scripts : Recovery Customizer Link Apk Manager Link Auto Deodexer Link Backup Manager Link Update.zip Modifier/Creator Link

fernando sor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westi01 View Post
Thanks mate!
When I am starting script.bat it says that ADB was not found. in which folder does it have to be placed to run correctly ?
it will still work you just dont a path set in your computer system variables
Bad seed Customs Founder

ccdreadcc
Old
Thanks Meter 298

DONATE TO ME
is it posible to translate an apk from chinese to english with this tool?
thanks.

evelryu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneshm90 View Post
please do not sign and publish app with this script

this uses testkeys google has stopped accepting them
I got a big problem, i sign my market app with apk manager long ago, now i need to upload an upgrade and market dont aceppt this certificate anymore.

What i can do in this case?

Brotuck
Old
(Last edited by Brotuck; 14th February 2011 at 08:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 353
When trying to decompile "settings.apk" i get errors

Code:
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Could Not Find C:\encrypt\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedSettings.apk
Could Not Find C:\encrypt\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedSettings.apk
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\bro\apktool\framework\1.apk
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x02070015
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColor, value=0x02050000
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textColorHint, value=0x02050001
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=textAppearance, value=0x0207000e
I actually solved the problem by using the dependency option.
Now how to encrypt this file back ? It's a stock samsung file (settings.apk), do i need some special certificate ? Or can i use any certificate ?
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

evasilisin
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Default Failing to edit Settings.apk

I tried decompiling and then editing xml file and then recompiling what am i doing wrong. im getting errors on decompile and recompile, and it wont even push adb