G1->MT3GS, No Dedicated Call Button, Glove Issues...?

Search This thread

999phonebug

I'm pondering about getting a MT3GS to replace the G1. However, one thing I like about the G1 is that it has dedicated call and hang up buttons, which are not present on the MT3GS.

And I heard that capacitive touch screens have issues dealing with gloves...

What's your take on this?

chrisinaz

Sep 2, 2009
I've Never once had a problem with not having dedicated call and hang up buttons. Never bothered me. As For gloves, I've used plenty of latex mechanic's gloves without issue.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

999phonebug

I just tried mine and it prevented me from registering any touch on the G1 screen.

Does the optical trackpad recognizes glove-covered fingers?

G-Fetus6

May 21, 2009
my g1 works fine with mechanic gloves on also, not thin gloves but. thick gloves is what i wear. still works just fine

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
well almost all the phones are moving in the touch screen direction these days,so suck it up because this is the reality of life

Sheldonjace

Mar 20, 2009
Springfield, MO
I just tried mine and it prevented me from registering any touch on the G1 screen.

Does the optical trackpad recognizes glove-covered fingers?

Depends on the gloves. Winter ones will not work with the trackpad or the capacitive touch screen. Mechanics gloves, rubber gloves, etc. that heat can transfer through however will work on both the screen and trackpad.

detox702

Mar 23, 2008
I don't use gloves, so I can't comment on that at all, but I can say that not having call/end buttons isn't a big issue. It has the phone button on the screen, that leads to the HTC SmartDial app that is vastly superior to the Google phone app.