[FIX] Wifi Tether on Eclair now WORKS!
Don't think anyone has posted this yet, but we got now wireless tether on Eclair!
I can confirm that this is working (MCR 3.1), and you need of course root to tether
Instead of part 1 and 2, just download the fw_bcm4329.bin from this link (credits to seaders). You don't need to do part 5 since the file has already been renamed.
For those who didn't manage to find the latest wifi tether, http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...downloads/list
You guys might have noticed that we had exactly the same issue on the htc evo 4g. And
... yeah, we found a workaround for it ( issue 362 ).
It seems that the wifi-firmware is responsible for this weird behavior. This
workaround did the trick:
So what you guys could try now:
1) Download a HTC Evo 4g system-dump (use google search - I bet you will find one)
2) Extract a file named fw_bcm4329_ap.bin (located in /system/etc/firmware)
3) Mount your sdcard
4) Create a directory named "android.tether" (without quotes)
5) Open this directory and copy fw_bcm4329_ap.bin into it.
6) Rename fw_bcm4329_ap.bin to fw_bcm4329.bin
7) Uninstall old versions of "wireless tether"
8) Install the latest 2.0.2-pre release.
If you open "Show log" you should see a log-entry (first one) similar to this
Credits to the developers of the app, and seaders for uploading the fw_bcm4329.bin
The orginal thread/issue: http://code.google.com/p/android-wif.../detail?id=330
Devices: HTC Touch Diamond2, HTC Hero (sold) and HTC Desire.
ROM (HTC Desire): MCR 3.1