[FIX] Wifi Tether on Eclair now WORKS!
Don't think anyone has posted this yet, but we got now wireless tether
I can confirm that this is working (MCR 3.1), and you need of course root to tether
Instead of part 1 and 2, just download the fw_bcm4329.bin from this link (credits to seaders). You don't need to do part 5 since the file has already been renamed.
For those who didn't manage to find the latest wifi tether
You guys might have noticed that we had exactly the same issue on the htc evo 4g. And
... yeah, we found a workaround for it ( issue 362 ).
It seems that the wifi-firmware is responsible for this weird behavior. This
workaround did the trick:
So what you guys could try now:
1) Download a HTC Evo 4g system-dump (use google search - I bet you will find one)
2) Extract a file named fw_bcm4329_ap.bin (located in /system/etc/firmware)
3) Mount your sdcard
4) Create a directory named "android.tether" (without quotes)
5) Open this directory and copy fw_bcm4329_ap.bin into it.
6) Rename fw_bcm4329_ap.bin to fw_bcm4329.bin
7) Uninstall old versions of "wireless tether
8) Install the latest 2.0.2-pre release.
If you open "Show log" you should see a log-entry (first one) similar to this
Credits to the developers of the app, and seaders for uploading the fw_bcm4329.bin
The orginal thread/issue: http://code.google.com/p/android-wif.../detail?id=330
Devices: HTC Touch Diamond2, HTC Hero (sold) and HTC Desire.
ROM (HTC Desire): MCR 3.1