now i really need help. so i tried to root with this guide
"Guide to root using Windows, MAC OS X and Linux
1. Download following items:
---- If you have a bootloader version 0.75.xxxx or below AND a current ROM of 1.15.xxx.x or below - DOWNLOAD / MIRROR
---- If you have a bootloader version 0.80.xxxx or below AND a current ROM of 1.21.xxx.x or below - DOWNLOAD / MIRROR
2. Unzip the file you downloaded to a directory, then open a command prompt / terminal window at that directory.
3. Turn off your HTC Desire, then turn it back on with the 'back' button held down. You'll see 'FASTBOOT' written on the screen in a red box. Connect the phone to the computer.
4. In the command prompt/terminal window, enter either 'step1-windows.bat'(for windows), './step1-mac.sh'(for mac) or './step1-linux.sh'(for linux)
5. Navigate to the 'BOOTLOADER' and then 'RECOVERY' option on the menu, using the volume buttons to move and the power button to select.
6. In the command prompt/terminal window, enter either 'step2-windows.bat', './step2-mac.sh' or './step2-linux.sh' as appropriate.
7. When this has completed, your device should be at the 'recovery'("green") screen. Select Wipe and then press Wipe data/factory reset
8. Once complete you should be back in the main menu. Now select the option Flash zip from sdcard and than choose rootedupdate.zip
9. Once back in the main menu, choose restart the phone - the rooting process is now finished
First of all i got bootloader 0.80XXXX and it was o2 branded germany. i got windows 7 32 bit. So first i made a Goldcard. then everthing went good. but at step 5 if i try to choose RECOVERY it takes me to the Red Triangle. So of course if i try 'step2-windows.bat' it does not work. Can u help me out?