Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Setcpu

OP tkrechel

8th June 2010, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

161 posts
Is anyone using setcpu? I bought it back when I had the hero but I'm not sure if it will work now on this phone. I'm rooted using toast's method if that even matters for something like this. thanks in advance!
8th June 2010, 12:56 AM   |  #2  
Chicago Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 10

335 posts
More
It's the same CPU as the Nexus and it has settings for the Nexus, so in theory it should work. I had a Nexus before this phone and it worked fine.
8th June 2010, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Walnutport, PA
Thanks Meter: 41

1,088 posts
Donate to Me
More
I believe, like the Hero, you need a kernel tweak to have true overclocking.
8th June 2010, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
yeah I dont wanna overclock i just want to downclock when the screen is off to save battery. I tried using the nexus one settings but it didnt seem like it was working using on demand. The clock speeds it was showing were kind of goofy. Guess i should wait for the programmer to update it
8th June 2010, 01:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 18

352 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrechel

yeah I dont wanna overclock i just want to downclock when the screen is off to save battery. I tried using the nexus one settings but it didnt seem like it was working using on demand. The clock speeds it was showing were kind of goofy. Guess i should wait for the programmer to update it

what?!? what do you mean u dont want to oc... theres always room for more speed!
8th June 2010, 01:22 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

161 posts
true that but i have always been nervous about burning up the processor hehe
8th June 2010, 01:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks Meter: 161

3,470 posts
More
Overclocking would be nice, but I'd also like to save some battery with the on demand profile. Does anyone have it working?
8th June 2010, 03:41 AM   |  #8  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 766

886 posts
More
I posted a patch in a thread in the development forum that would enable full support, plus overclocking, but nobody seems to have noticed it.

I might have to buy an EVO just to compile and test kernels... Or, if anybody wants to help me, shoot me a PM.
8th June 2010, 03:49 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

250 posts
I used the unrevoked method to root and picked the N1 for the device in setcpu and it seems to be working great with the on demand setting. I have noticed a nice increase in battery life so far.
8th June 2010, 05:56 AM   |  #10  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 62

317 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbho3000

I posted a patch in a thread in the development forum that would enable full support, plus overclocking, but nobody seems to have noticed it.

I might have to buy an EVO just to compile and test kernels... Or, if anybody wants to help me, shoot me a PM.

Is it linked or built-in?
If it's linked I'd be more than happy to test!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread