HTC Snap (Cedar) - USCC

Tip us?

dfc849
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default HTC Snap (Cedar) - USCC

I'm not saying I have spent all my time looking for this, but have there been any ROM flashes for the US Cellular Snap? The bootloader shows

Code:
CEDA200
SPL-0.39.0000
MicroP-Willow#C (LED) v58B
which identifies it as a Cedar, even though Sprint's Snap is a Willow. It is also identified under the battery and in the device information as the SMT6175. The XV6175 is the Verizon Ozone, also a Cedar device.

I've flashed many phones before, but by procedure only (I cooked a few, but never experimented with porting ROMs or other things myself). Is it safe to try the Cedar (Ozone) SPL with a Willow (Snap) OS?

aliosa27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ehh, If you flash to the verizon or the sprint rom here, you will end up with a pretty useless(working sorta) phone. The sprint rom seems to cause random freezes, and even after you get everything working, it seems that incoming calls crash the phone while outgoing/data/mms work fine, but outgoing text messages dont. And having not personally flashed to the verizon, some folks have said it wont let you do anything because it gets stuck on some insert sim card message, even tho its cdma...

Now having said that.. if you could dump your rom, it would make quite a few of us premature flashers very happy to have working phones again.

Skaarg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's a shame there isn't a working update for the US Cellular HTC Snap. I get the feeling now an update (official or other) isn't going to happen.