New super user app
MOD EDIT (dsixda): Updated instructions follow -
- Motorola Milestone with Android 2.0 or higher
- If you have a Milestone with Android 2.1 or higher OR you have a Telus Milestone (with Android 2.0.1 or higher), then follow these steps to ensure you have downgraded to the vulnerable recovery with exploit (thanks to Ireas for these instructions):
- For this we need a Only-Recovery SBF file which we can flash via RSD Lite
- First install the USB drivers from Motorola
- Then you need the RSD Lite Tool | Linux machines can use the linux flasher (created by [mbm])
- And the Recovery-Only SBF (which will downgrade the Recovery Partition and not the system)
- Start the RSD Lite, select the SBF file
- Plug in your phone (while it's off)
- Go into the Bootloader Mode by holding UP (on the hardware keyboard) and press Power-On for 2-3 seconds
- Now select your phone which should be now visible in the RSD Lite tool
- Press Start
- The phone will reboot 1-3 times during the downgrade process. DO NOT unplug it
- Download Open Recovery (choose one):
- Skrilax_CZ's version (requires account registration): http://modmymobile.com/forums/401-mo...07-2010-a.html
- G.O.T.'s mod of the above version (more features): http://groupoften.wordpress.com/g-o-t-s-openrecovery/
- Extract the contents to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery menu:
- Turn off phone
- Press Camera button, then press Power. Hold them both till you see recovery screen. (If this doesn't work, open the keyboard and try X + Power)
- Press Volume Up and Camera button at the same time till you see the recovery menu.
- NOTE: If you get an error about "EOCD Marker" at this point, that means you did not flash the vulnerable recovery properly. Go back to previous section, re-flash vulnerable recovery with RSD Lite, and after it reboots, turn off the system. Keep the USB plugged in to the PC. Turn it on again while holding down the keyboard Up key. RSD Lite should now indicate "PASS".
- Apply the update.zip
- You are now in Open Recovery. You can now root the phone, do Nandroid backup/restore etc.