Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 42,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New flash player update avaialble on market!

Tip us?

Galecio Family
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation New flash player update avaialble on market!

New flashplayer update available for download on market. Gonna see if there is any improvement for flash.

Old MuckenMire
Old
(Last edited by Old MuckenMire; 9th June 2010 at 02:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 107
This is just too rich Adobe has now updated their app and we STILL don't have Froyo. So, if you have an ATT 3G Nexus you never even got a chance to play with the very first Adobe Flash app for Android, unless you rooted.

Nice Google , real nice....but hey, at least the press got a chance with it. You know, the ones who didn't even pay for their devices.

Galecio Family
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I am thinking more or less that the Froyo release is coming closer if Adobe is sending updates to Flash beta.

Galecio Family
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Okay seems if I goto FB full Site and play one of my HD videos itds much faster and the frame rate is still choppy but much better than before. If I toggle off the HQ button the video runs smooth. Also noticed if you double tap the active Flash window the full screen in portrait mode works now as opposed to it intermittantly working on certain websites. Other than that I dont see any sign of hardware acceleration as I tried a flash based game Happy Aquarium and it was just as slow as the previous version.

Old MuckenMire
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Well Adobe broke it for me. Now when I go to , for example, TBS.com, and select full episodes, when that page loads the audio is all choppy and breaks up if I try and move the page at all. I deleted the updated version and reinstalled the old version using Astro and it works fine again. I load the updated version, back to messed up audio.

clickwir
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I see this flash update.

I now have this flash update.

I wonder if this is what was holding back Froyo.

timal
Old
(Last edited by timal; 9th June 2010 at 03:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I'm using the prerooted Froyo rom. The download failed to install. Can someone pull/copy and post the apk. Thanks
NEVERMIND I FIXED IT.

hiong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's a little smaller in size...

jamezracer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
mine failed to install too. had to uninstall the last version then reinstall. overall this is a great update for usability. long-press actually brings up the fullscreen button now, it didn't before. not for me anyway. the doubletap to zoom also works consistently.
-Nexus one rooted and running CM7 nightlies
-G1 running cyanogen 4.2.15 (sold!)