Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[KERNELS] the kernel corner

OP dumfuq

2nd April 2011, 03:05 PM   |  #731  
hrk's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,035
 
1,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmatito

whatever my strategy was it fixed the bug I was seeing and that is enough for me. :)
I hope you will be able to fix the other usb drain bug even if in a couple of weeks.

Could you (all) please move your d**k contest somewhere else?

Farmatito's work paid off, even if his only merit is having changed code base. He's finally complied with GPL and we should be thankful to him. Yes, he's been way childish but what's important is not the past, but the present.

If Yoshi is not abiding by the license, by all means he should be notified but... this is not the proper topic/thread to discuss it.
2nd April 2011, 03:42 PM   |  #732  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Just for information I switched codebase from cm-kernel to pershoot2635 as, If have understood correctly cm-kernel
is affected by the green tint bug. This has nothing to do
with the patch that forward ported some code from 2.6.29
(or backported it from 2.6.35-vivo htc source for what it matters) and fixed the fast usb battery drain after adb session bug I was
experiencing.
I'm in no way childish (most of the time) but I don't like some
unknown and never heard of poster to dictate my schedule
while I'm trying to achieve something.
Last but not least for me it is highly hypocritical to hammer
on this GPL license stuff and ignore happily all other licenses
that are infringed upon. A good old proverb says:
"Don't scratch where it does not itch you".
The Following User Says Thank You to farmatito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2011, 04:10 PM   |  #733  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 710
 
1,166 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmatito

Just for information I switched codebase from cm-kernel to pershoot2635 as, If have understood correctly cm-kernel
is affected by the green tint bug. This has nothing to do
with the patch that forward ported some code from 2.6.29
(or backported it from 2.6.35-vivo htc source for what it matters) and fixed the fast usb battery drain after adb session bug I was
experiencing.
I'm in no way childish (most of the time) but I don't like some
unknown and never heard of poster to dictate my schedule
while I'm trying to achieve something.
Last but not least for me it is highly hypocritical to hammer
on this GPL license stuff and ignore happily all other licenses
that are infringed upon. A good old proverb says:
"Don't scratch where it does not itch you".

Good job on posting the sources and using github

Now lets see .37 ?
2nd April 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #734  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by roalex

Good job on posting the sources and using github

Now lets see .37 ?

I've deleted that tree, so there is nothing to see.
Can remove the posted binaries If there is a official request.
2nd April 2011, 05:43 PM   |  #735  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 710
 
1,166 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmatito

I've deleted that tree, so there is nothing to see.
Can remove the posted binaries If there is a official request.

LOL why ? whats the issue now ?!

in any case there's a 2.6.35.12 (pershot .11 merged with code aurora's .12) + your patches on my github, haven't tried to build yet and i got bored of checking the .11 to .12 patch you had posted there manually, hopefully it works !
Last edited by roalex; 2nd April 2011 at 05:51 PM.
2nd April 2011, 07:02 PM   |  #736  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by roalex

LOL why ? whats the issue now ?!

in any case there's a 2.6.35.12 (pershot .11 merged with code aurora's .12) + your patches on my github, haven't tried to build yet and i got bored of checking the .11 to .12 patch you had posted there manually, hopefully it works !

There was just a few files in kernel/sched*.* that needed to
be merged by hand.
3rd June 2011, 05:57 AM   |  #737  
Senior Member
Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 0
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
OC Kernel for CM 6.1.0 DS
which kernel should i use.? im running 6.1.0 DS and i want to overclock as this phone is SUPA SLOW!
5th June 2011, 11:23 AM   |  #738  
mahroze's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
i have one question i am currently trying out super e nd was wondering which kernel to flash???? ny help wud be nice
16th April 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #739  
Josuhu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 115
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Is Siyah the best Kernel ?
16th April 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #740  
tvall's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 803
 
2,193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josuhu

Is Siyah the best Kernel ?

Never even heard of a "siyah" kernel for the g1.. .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes