[ROM] SupererSonic v2.0 - Updated 6/16 - Apps2SD!
Note: Please look at changelog at bottom of post. I also posted a known bug list for this version at the bottom. Please read this.
Well my first Evo rom is done. Itís nothing special but it has some things none of the other roms out right now have. Basically the idea is that this is a completely working rom with no issues that I have seen (please comment if this is not the case) with some added features. One thing to also note is that I also created update zip files for the removed apps so if I removed something that you want you can easily just download the update and flash it.
Download superersonic-signed.zip at the bottom of these instructions and copy it to the root of your sd card
Boot into recovery. Currently this is only possible by using the evo-recovery scripts created by Toast. If you donít know what Iím talking about check out my rooting post
Perform a nandroid backup of your device
Perform a full wipe of your device (absolutely necessary. Issues will arise if this is not done)
Select flash zip and flash superersonic-signed.zip and reboot when itís finished.
- Rebased off of new deodexed .6 OTA update
- Changed maps back from Brut 4.2 to default 4.2
- Added symlinks for BusyBox so tools are available without needing to type in busybox first
- Added SpareParts
- Added Rom Manager
- Removed boot sound
- Added init.d scripts
- Lowmemkiller settings changed to aggressive
- Deadline scheduler changed to default
- Zipalign apks on boot
- Added DarkTremor's Apps2SD script
- Modified /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko to enable 802.11n (Need testers because I don't have a wireless n router)
- Updated WiFi Tether to be version 2.0.5 Pre2
- Updated Market app to newest version
- Added Astro File Manager
- Added hosts file to block ads
- Added wireless tether
- Added Busybox
- Added Newest SU and Superuser APK
- Updated Facebook to v1.2
- Updated Google Maps to Brut Modified Google Maps v4.2 (Adds features such as caching map tiles to sd card)
- Replace Qik with new Qik on Market
- Deodexed all apks in rom
- Renamed otacerts,zip to prevent OTA updates
Customization Setup and Settings Providers (Saves memory)
HTC Field Test and Field Trial apks
GSD (Not sure what it does but it wastes memory and battery and doesnít hurt to remove)
HTC Mobile Guide
HTC Setup Wizard (Keeps running even after first setup. Just set up your accounts after the rom is running.)
HTC Stocks, Stock widget and all stock related apks
HTC Footprints and widget
HTC Ringtone Trimmer
HTML Viewer (Not necessary for anything)
All Sprint apps except Visual Voicemail including Sprint Navigation (Google Maps Nav is better), Sprint TV and widget, Sprint NFL, Sprint Nascar and the Sprint Zone app.
Sprint Hotspot App
Apps2SD seems to be working fine however the apps I included (Rom Manager, Wifi tether, etc) don't seem to be showing after a flash. I assume this has something to do with apps2sd but am not sure. I am working on this.
To use apps2sd you must have an ext partition on your sd card. If you don't already just back up all your data (it will be erased), boot into recovery, go to the partition option and partition your card there. This method is from DarkTremor (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670087
) so it also supports swap if you have a swap partition. After you partition your sd card apps2sd will work automatically.
Full blog post and download links: