Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

Official Bug Report List for XDA2010 Style (Forum Redesign)

OP svetius

10th June 2010, 01:57 PM   |  #1  
OP User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter: 3,875

3,458 posts
More
The XDA 2010 theme is in Open Beta.

Use this thread to report bugs in the new forum style. Screenshots are helpful! Also, be sure to tell us what browser and version you are using!

Please DO NOT report:

- Bugs in IE6 or IE7. We are aware of several issues in IE7 and are working to fix these. IE6 users will need to continue using the old template or upgrade.

- Bugs related to the fact that long thread titles sometimes overlap other elements on the page.

We are working to fix the above ASAP.

Thanks everyone!

MOD EDIT: tnyynt: You can read a detaled tutorial called Where Is Everything In The New Forum Style?
Last edited by tnyynt; 12th June 2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added link to explanatory tutorial on new site design
10th June 2010, 02:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 14

938 posts
Not a bug but rather an unncessary feature: Make the font in signatures (currently Trebuchet MS) the same as the posts (Verdana), else it looks a bit strange.
10th June 2010, 02:54 PM   |  #3  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,040

22,287 posts
Donate to Me
Arrow Great work!, 2010 skin looks great
- When going to write a PM, when entering memberīs name, on old style soon as I started to type member name it displayed a list with possible matches, that feature is no longer present on 2010 style.

- Using Opera 10.53.

- There is a squared empty space (I know fir publicity) on the left side of Accesories, Marketplace, Networking and Off topic section, that is not looking good.

- IN general 2010 style loads a bit slower than old skin
10th June 2010, 03:01 PM   |  #4  
Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 373

8,712 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000

- When going to write a PM, when entering memberīs name, on old style soon as I started to type member name it displayed a list with possible matches, that feature is no longer present on 2010 style.

- Using Opera 10.53.

Not a problem in Chrome. Can other Opera 10.xx users please test?
Quote:

- There is a squared empty space (I know fir publicity) on the left side of Accesories, Marketplace, Networking and Off topic section, that is not looking good.

This is empty because of your ad-blocker. As per the announcement this is intentional. http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=263
Quote:

- IN general 2010 style loads a bit slower than old skin

Again, this is known and mentioned in the announcement.

I'm going to add the announcement to the first post of this thread.

Dave
10th June 2010, 03:53 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 615

5,319 posts
More
The font/size displaying (in Firefox) is different for a post that quotes another post, than for a post with no quoting. There's something odd going on there, because quoted posts use the same font/size as a regular post (used to be in italics in the old style). When you quote a post the quote is in the normal sort of font, but then your own reply is smaller, which looks strange.

Edit - just checked, and there's the same "issue" using IE 8 and Chrome.
Last edited by steviewevie; 10th June 2010 at 05:13 PM.
10th June 2010, 06:00 PM   |  #6  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 142

388 posts
More
The "you last visited" and "Private Messages" text at the top right aren't always right-aligned which seems to depend on how long the navigation text is.
"HTC Hero: G2 Touch > Hero, G2 Touch Android Development"
is one example.

Using Firefox 3.6.3 on Ubuntu Lucid.
10th June 2010, 06:19 PM   |  #7  
Retired News Writer
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 7

829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviewevie

The font/size displaying (in Firefox) is different for a post that quotes another post, than for a post with no quoting. There's something odd going on there, because quoted posts use the same font/size as a regular post (used to be in italics in the old style). When you quote a post the quote is in the normal sort of font, but then your own reply is smaller, which looks strange.

Edit - just checked, and there's the same "issue" using IE 8 and Chrome.

I find this too.

When resizing the browser window (Chrome beta channel), the PM link and forum journey thing merge and the formatting goes weird. I think this is the same bug as above.
10th June 2010, 06:20 PM   |  #8  
Flag ANS
Thanks Meter: 571

3,661 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't find a bug; their is on thing; thats the fact I find that you see not clearly the different background color between a earlier post and your reply to it!

thats the only thing I can mention fore it! Not that I don't see the other different now thy are good! just the fact of the different color to a replay is not well visible! thats all!

sorry fore my English!
10th June 2010, 06:34 PM   |  #9  
Retired News Writer
Flag Watford
Thanks Meter: 7

829 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt-willems

I don't find a bug; their is on thing; thats the fact I find that you see not clearly the different background color between a earlier post and your reply to it!

thats the only thing I can mention fore it! Not that I don't see the other different now thy are good! just the fact of the different color to a replay is not well visible! thats all!

sorry fore my English!

Do you mean when quoting posts (like this)?

I can't say it really bothers me... Maybe my screen contrast is higher than yours?

I would like to see some differentiation in colour between stickied and non-stickied threads, though.

Edit: And I know these aren't really bugs, but the 'poll' icon needs updating/enlarging to match the others

Another thing I found, and it's probably vBulletin rather than the redesign, but if you enable pop-ups for PMs and click to open them in a new window, nothing happens in Chrome.
Last edited by ben_duder; 10th June 2010 at 06:49 PM.
10th June 2010, 06:44 PM   |  #10  
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,887

4,940 posts
More
Nice work,indeed , i really like the new style
No bug found but just a suggestion, a more darkness colour between unreaded and readed threads.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread